Vehicle Licence

forestboy

14 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I cant believe this random new thread in the wrong area is now "Hot"

I know I am not helping, but why do people do this.

Well, I can’t pretend that we have an answer…but why did you do this?   Since you knew you weren’t helping?

Edited by Jarndyce

52 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Drive a vehicle with lower emissions, pay less vehicle duty.

Yes because CO2 is the only emmision a vehicle makes (the manufacturing process produces none), and manufacturers are very reputable when it comes to reporting what those CO2 emissions are. Oh and all cars are taxed on emissions regardless of their age.

It really is an extremely fair and effective system.

• Confused 2

The vehicle licence fees are totally illogical like a lot of things the govt. handles.

I have two land rovers for work, same specs, a year apart, one is over £600 the other is £240 ish, ( I can't be arsed to go and check).

My diesel smart, 800cc is £65.

Edited by doc.fixit
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

The vehicle licence fees are totally illogical like a lot of things the govt. handles.

I have two land rovers for work, same specs, a year apart, one is over £600 the other is £240 ish, ( I can't be arsed to go and check).

My diesel smart, 800cc is 65.

The UK is planning to make the mimimum rate much higher..  I think £180 or so  irrespective of emissions 

I'm sure that the IOM will do the same 

Edited by mad_manx
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, woolley said:

So long as it's not the stinking one full of you and your foul-mouthed sweaty mates going to school. Always feel sorry for the drivers.

Is this someone generalising about young people, in protestation at someone generalising about old people?

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

The UK is planning to make the mimimum rate much higher..  I think £180 or so  irrespective of emissions 

I'm sure that the IOM will do the same 

£180 for any vehicle would be about right.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Is this someone generalising about young people, in protestation at someone generalising about old people?

Nah. It's just Hi Vibes baiting the forum. He always does this when his mum grounds him and sends him to his bedroom. Then it goes quiet until the next time. Must be serious this time. It's gone into a second day.

• Haha 1