Vehicle Licence

forestboy

22 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

The vehicle licence fees are totally illogical like a lot of things the govt. handles.

I have two land rovers for work, same specs, a year apart, one is over £600 the other is £240 ish, ( I can't be arsed to go and check).

My diesel smart, 800cc is £65.

It's not really to do with the vehicles though, is it? It's all about trying to finance this tottering bureaucracy we've been saddled with.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

11 minutes ago, woolley said:

Nah. It's just Hi Vibes baiting the forum. He always does this when his mum grounds him and sends him to his bedroom. Then it goes quiet until the next time. Must be serious this time. It's gone into a second day.

I was talking about you 😂

1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

Well, I can’t pretend that we have an answer…but why did you do this?   Since you knew you weren’t helping?

Because I wanted to make a point . Is that not bleeding obvious?

Why did you quote me. Oh hang on I know the answer. Like me, to make a point. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, HelmutX said:

Simples everyone - don't pay.... just drive about without tax.... it's the norm up Norff.

If the police and the DOI actually bothered their arses and went round making all the car owners that dont tax their cars, tax them, we would all be able to pay a reduced amount. 

47 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Spare a thought for EV drivers. Tax went up tenfold. Poor me! 

And tradesmen with vans perhaps? This harks back to the proposals for over £500 of a couple of years back.

1 hour ago, woolley said:

It's not really to do with the vehicles though, is it? It's all about trying to finance this tottering bureaucracy we've been saddled with.

+1. If anybody believes that much of this is about vehicles or the environment then they are as brainwashed as our politicians.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

If the police and the DOI actually bothered their arses and went round making all the car owners that dont tax their cars, tax them, we would all be able to pay a reduced amount. 

You reckon? Nice thought though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

If you want the police wasting their time collecting taxes, perhaps you should start in a more lucrative area than vehicle tax.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Spent a day last wk window shopping at a few garages. Was surprised at the number of £65 tax disks!!! So it can't be a revenue gathering exercise? All down to emissions.

As to more police action, let those without sin...............