Tough decisions must be made.

Dirty Buggane

Thank goodness we only have NSC discounts to worry about. It's wrong, of course, but only symptomatic of a much wider malaise. There's just so much not right when we can be talking about shutting swimming pools and railways while at the same time considering a consultant's recommendation to take on 54 additional non-productive bureaucrats in HR at huge expense. Crazy stuff.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@P.K. so not all of it was fake news, only,

"The government already funded the entirety of the NSC from the monies they collect from the private sector." also taxes from the public sector, the NSC also have income that goes toward it running.

"Especially as when private sector folks pay to use the facilities unlike the public sector folks they're effectively being taxed twice over". Nobody getting taxed twice over this. You wouldn't say going on the IOMSP is being taxed twice, riding on a bus or tram. 

On 1/10/2024 at 9:15 PM, The Voice of Reason said:

Well then if such discounts were applied to all, then they wouldn’t be discounts. The discounted price would become the “ normal” price.

Anyway lots of places, retail or otherwise offer discounts to their employees on products or services they offer.

I don’t know, I’m guessing but I imagine if you work for Boots you get some sort of staff discount on say, toiletries.

if you work in/at the NSC then maybe have a discount, but not every cunt and their camel that gets a government wage.

• Like 4

On 1/10/2024 at 9:15 PM, The Voice of Reason said:

Anyway lots of places, retail or otherwise offer discounts to their employees on products or services they offer.

All Civil Servants are employed by me, therefore I should also get a discount.

2 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

All Civil Servants are employed by me, therefore I should also get a discount.

Don't put '11,000 dependents' down on your tax return...tried that, and Isle of Man Tax Office didn't see the funny side 😉

• Haha 4