Okell's Canned.

woolley

7 minutes ago, woolley said:

Been doing Triumph in cans now for a long while. Same with Zero. Aura is nice, looking forward to trying Nectar. 

Need to get a canning line over here though as it must be costing a lot to send it away for packaging - surprised it's cost effective.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

Yes until now it seems, strange really. Aura sneaked onto the shelves unnoticed until I realised it was an Okells product.

They really are a strange company. Just when you think they aren't interested anymore they pop up with this.

• Like 1

I wish them huge success in their brewing business. I so wish they would exit the business of trying to run / kill pubs though. They are truly dreadful at that and it would be a joy to have independently run pubs serving a decent range of (mainly local) beers, albeit with branded lagers also for those who want that sort of thing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Yibble said:

I wish them huge success in their brewing business. I so wish they would exit the business of trying to run / kill pubs though. They are truly dreadful at that and it would be a joy to have independently run pubs serving a decent range of (mainly local) beers, albeit with branded lagers also for those who want that sort of thing.

I think that's what they're trying to do with putting tenants in. No H&B pubs in Peel any more. Only one in Ramsey.

My go to H&B pubs if I have to are the Woody (great selection last weekend) and the Station PE but that's more for the food - pint is good though.

Still can't beat some of the freehouses though. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

I think that's what they're trying to do with putting tenants in. No H&B pubs in Peel any more. Only one in Ramsey.

In the past it seemed they never liked to see their tenants doing too well, then they stepped back in and ruined it. Hopefully those days are now gone.

They will allow their Tenants to flourish , kick them out and take the pubs back for a bigger slice of the pie, and kill the trade again.

They have great locations, some great staff, just a very poorly managed business, that doesnt put customers first,  

years of arogance over been the biggest, whilst others come in be the best and take their customers 

they should stick to brewing, let tenants grow their pubs, and get rid of Mannin retail 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Manxman1234 said:

They will allow their Tenants to flourish , kick them out and take the pubs back for a bigger slice of the pie, and kill the trade again.

They have great locations, some great staff, just a very poorly managed business, that doesnt put customers first,  

years of arogance over been the biggest, whilst others come in be the best and take their customers 

they should stick to brewing, let tenants grow their pubs, and get rid of Mannin retail 

That thought process doesn’t seem to tie in with what we are seeing at all.

The Colby Glen, The George, The British, The Highwayman all showing a significant change in rh way they run pubs.

Good luck to all concerned and I for one will be hoping they flourish h def the new model rather than assuming errors made in the past will automate repeated.

Give them a chance eh?

• Like 1

I'll be giving the cans a try, its a good move in my eyes. I prefer canned beer to bottled in general. Also, Okells beers can be a bit weird - their IPA is absolutely excellent bottled but not so great on draft, whereas the MPA is a wonderful pint but a bit crap in bottles. 

Getting a canning machine and offering to can other peoples drinks is a positive move too. I hope they work with the other breweries - cans of Norseman would be good for the summer.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Bombay Bad Boy said:

They had Triumph at TT2023 , I thought it was a limited run special edition. 

I don't drink beer, but I'm told it's good stuff.

It's a seasonal cask, has been since 2020, very nice it is too. However it seems they are now producing in cans year round.