Okell's Canned.

woolley

3 hours ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

330. As I said a page or so ago, 4 packs of 330s in M and S and Tesco range between around £8 - 9. Sometimes a bit cheaper on offer. The price for Okells at less than £2 a can doesn't seem bad.

So around £7.00 a pint for Okells, sounds like a success story

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, emesde said:

That's a very  isolationist attitude sir.Think of all our brewers trying to break into the European market,. Cheers!

Think of all the European brewers in our market. You don’t ask for a half litre or a litre of Carlsberg in your local hostelry. Yes I know it’s probably brewed under license in the UK but is still originates from Denmark  ( I  believe) And it tastes like cats …. but that’s a different issue.

How is maintaining traditional measures isolationist? Every country has their own traditions which should be respected

6 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Think of all the European brewers in our market. You don’t ask for a half litre or a litre of Carlsberg in your local hostelry. Yes I know it’s probably brewed under license in the UK but is still originates from Denmark  ( I  believe) And it tastes like cats …. but that’s a different issue.

How is maintaining traditional measures isolationist? Every country has their own traditions which should be respected

I agree in some ways, but it is expensive to have to label and fill bottles /cans in different ways for different markets.

Draught beers are different in that they can be retailed in whatever size measures are legal in different jurisdictions .  Pints,or litres or whatever.

Although cask / keg sizes do vary from producer to producer  it doesn't matter as the size of the measure it is sold in is the determining factor . Pints,halves,thirds,litres etc etc 

Barrels of beer in the UK are still measured in gallons  (a barrel being 36 gallons)and cask sizes being based on that. 9gallons, 18,or 72  Unlike Europe which uses litres. So British tradition has survived for the home market 🇬🇧