TT 2024

Andy Onchan

Just now, Kopek said:

I think you meant ''Genetic Search engine''??? but hay, what's it matter to you???

I don’t think so.  Have you managed to use the internet to work out where it is yet?

Its the place that says “The Black Dub”

in big letters and is located at The Black Dub

50 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Has this carbuncle in an otherwise nice looking glen area got planning permission?

You could look at the planning map and see for yourself

The Grandstand has been a feature there for at least 2 years to the best of my knowledge?

Now, the tree cutting. A great many Ash trees through Glen Helen and everywhere else are condemned through Ash Dieback, I've seen numbers quoted in excess of 5000 around the TT course alone, those condemned are marked with orange spray paint crosses or circles.

However, the 50+ metre swathe that was felled up through GH contained quite a few species that were not Ash that were dropped as well. TT competitors last year commented on how different it looked and how much more light there was now, up through that section.

Back end of last year, I was talking to a man "connected" and this subject came up, including the "non-Ash" fellings.

"Indeed"' he said, " The Ash thing was a good excuse to have a thorough cull up through there, to vastly improve the TT helicopter footage".

Make what you will of that. Tree Huggers feel free to froth at the mouth.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

The Grandstand has been a feature there for at least 2 years to the best of my knowledge?

Now, the tree cutting. A great many Ash trees through Glen Helen and everywhere else are condemned through Ash Dieback, I've seen numbers quoted in excess of 5000 around the TT course alone, those condemned are marked with orange spray paint crosses or circles.

However, the 50+ metre swathe that was felled up through GH contained quite a few species that were not Ash that were dropped as well. TT competitors last year commented on how different it looked and how much more light there was now, up through that section.

Back end of last year, I was talking to a man "connected" and this subject came up, including the "non-Ash" fellings.

"Indeed"' he said, " The Ash thing was a good excuse to have a thorough cull up through there, to vastly improve the TT helicopter footage".

Make what you will of that. Tree Huggers feel free to froth at the mouth.

It may also help dry the road out as the trees kept the sun out and there were always damp patches in the Glen helen area.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Daffers has been appointed to DED responsible for Motorsport. 

Do you think anyone has told her that they have petrol motors. 

And she's trying to link it with the 'Biosphere' beggars belief. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/garff-mhk-joins-department-for-enterprise/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Daffers has been appointed to DED responsible for Motorsport. 

Do you think anyone has told her that they have petrol motors. 

And she's trying to link it with the 'Biosphere' beggars belief. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/garff-mhk-joins-department-for-enterprise/

This must be the biggest wind up since Putin said he was not invading Ukraine while he has 450K troops on the border.

No Harm to Daffers, she is at least, a quite easy on the eye MHK, unlike most of them - looking like they took a round in the face

In charge of the death fest?

Cheap fertiliser?

What is the angle?

P.S. Your Biosphere status is obviously a mistake and will be found out soon enough.

I live in North Yorkshire near an American air force base that does God knows what, but I know the air here in N York's is a lot nicer to breath than the muck on the island when the wind does not blow.

(The islands air is okay when it is windy, but when it is not, is is full of all sorts of SH1T that most first world countries have banned.

Edited by Blade Runner