TT 2024

Andy Onchan

35 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Daffers has been appointed to DED responsible for Motorsport. 

Do you think anyone has told her that they have petrol motors. 

And she's trying to link it with the 'Biosphere' beggars belief. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/garff-mhk-joins-department-for-enterprise/

It'll be interesting to see/hear how she squares that one away. She can't of course.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

It'll be interesting to see/hear how she squares that one away. She can't of course.

She only answers to the fairies, so it'll probably be ok.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

I live in North Yorkshire near an American air force base that does God knows what, but I know the air here in N York's is a lot nicer to breath than the muck on the island when the wind does not blow.

(The islands air is okay when it is windy, but when it is not, is is full of all sorts of SH1T that most first world countries have banned.

I'm calling bullshit on pretty much all of that statement.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

I'm calling bullshit on pretty much all of that statement.

Okay.

You may not have a condition like I do that makes me very aware of air quality.

You are lucky.

Trust someone who knows,

The islands air quality is SHIT WHEN THE WIND DONT BLOW, especially in Douglas.

The knackered diesel cars/ vans pumping out black soot for one thing because you don't have MOTs is one reason, no smokeless zones, a Gas burning power station in the middle of at city and an incinerator that runs below optimum temps due to lack of fuel on the outskirts of that city are more reasons.

FFS. should I mention the old lead mines, the heavy metals in Peel bay, the, Oh forget it, your brain is obviously too far affected to understand from the lead.

When I lived there I was involved in a small project to monitor air quality, this was before my lungs mostly gave up.

The project was active for about 3 years then quietly removed due to the bad results and that was 30 years ago, before knackered diesel vans/ cars were even thought about.

If you don't have home PH2.5 filter yet, buy one ASAP AND KEEP YOUR WINDOWS SHUT

Dyson fans can have them and Phillips do a good one, it would be the best money you spent.

Edited by Blade Runner
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

No Harm to Daffers, she is at least, a quite easy on the eye MHK

You seriously need to get yourself to an optician...

• Haha 10
  • Sad 1

Well it's been consistently been blowing a fucking Hoolie for the past 3 months! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

You seriously need to get yourself to an optician...

don't worry nothing will get done , she is just going back to join her old workmates  you would have been better putting   the old petrol head Peters  in there at least he would have been in his element and possibly shaken the place up a bit 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

The knackered diesel cars/ vans pumping out black soot for one thing because you don't have MOTs is one reason, no smokeless zones, a Gas burning power station in the middle of at city and an incinerator that runs below optimum temps due to lack of fuel on the outskirts of that city are more reasons.

FFS. should I mention the old lead mines, the heavy metals in Peel bay, the, Oh forget it, your brain is obviously too far affected to understand from the lead.

I'd have to disagree with all of that Blade. Spent a long time working around Catterick Garrison,Harrogate,Ripon MOD base and Menwith Hill. The air quality even for my youngsters who both suffered with asthma,greatly improved after moving away to settle here.  There was also a lot more lead mining going on around you in the past than there ever was here,and over a larger area,Blubberhouses to Swaledale was crawling with lead mines. As for knackered diesel cars pumping out black soot,that'd be a rare sight over here and no more prevalent as to what I see when I visit family back over that area a few times a year. 

Edited by display name
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

There are such in the CS?

Make your mind up? The Cs are either evil and conniving  or stupid and just chasing pensions?

Olr you can have it both ways if it suits your argument!!!

• Like 1