TT 2024

Andy Onchan

The cruise ship the other day had 2666 passengers so not just hundreds and there have been three visiting in the last 10 days so the numbers do add up.    I think both the TT and the Cruise ships bring valuable business to the Island and boy do we need it.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Yeah the bloody TT eh? It's got a lot to answer for, two bloody global pandemics since it started, two world wars, earthquakes, tsunamis, wild fires, countless wars, Cuban missile crisis, World Trade Centre, they're all linked.

Anyway, it won't be for long, I've heard from Soichero Honda himself that this is the last year of the TT! The government are still going to pay Nathan Harrison £5million a year to do a parade lap though.

I imagine your MD Racing / Honda fleece is back in the cupboard.

Let’s see which local boy gets the next “upgrade” based on potential……

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
Sausage fingers

15 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

I imagine your MD Racing / Honda fleece is back in the cupboard.

Let’s see which local boy gets the next “upgrade” based on potential……

We have a FOI act now you know, makes things much easier to substantiate.

Not so good for pure fantasy from your own imagination though - which is presumably why you haven't made a request - or offered any form of evidence whatsoever.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

We have a FOI act now you know, makes things much easier to substantiate.

Not so good for pure fantasy from your own imagination though - which is presumably why you haven't made a request - or offered any form of evidence whatsoever.

Touché - go for it on the FOI

I’ll update you on the next Government funded ride when I hear of it.

3 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Touché - go for it on the FOI

I’ll update you on the next Government funded ride when I hear of it.

Burden of proof is with the claimant fella.

I don't need an FOI to know you're talking bollocks.

Why wait for the next one? Fire one in for the two you've already heard of (IE. Made up) 😄

I’m neither for or against TT, I’m ambivalent about it these days. It’s just a fact of Island life. This year I chose to be somewhere else. However, TT “fans” seem to have a very defensive attitude towards anything that might suggest negative aspects to it. They become TT Deniers. Yes, it brings many visitors and yes, it supports our hospitality sector, much of which would flounder without it. We choose to continue the event despite the negative aspects that come with it. We don’t need to recap what they are. I suggest that to that list we may well have to add annual Covid spikes and reactions like reintroducing mask-wearing in healthcare facilities, until our reaction to Covid itself becomes more measured. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Personally I've never defended any negative aspects of the TT, it is what it is, warts and all. What I do defend is the large amount of baseless bullshit written on these pages about it, and the faux outrage when anything bad happens from people who really dislike it for far less laudible reasons.

There is one particularly odious individual who is guilty of this, although they make poor attempts to disguise their bigotry over several usernames. Their true colours are well known here and not limited to the TT. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1