TT 2024

Andy Onchan

15 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

No it's not. You have no more idea where the 12 unfortunate people in hospital with COVID caught it from than anyone else. 

I didn't say that. I said that on balance of probability it's more likely to have been due to TT ( and that's a fact) . I didn't say it was a fact that they didn't catch it from the cruise ship passengers. It's possible that they did.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, A fool and his money..... said:

What I do defend is the large amount of baseless bullshit written on these pages about it, and the faux outrage when anything bad happens

Why would you defend that?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, A fool and his money..... said:

That's not what you said, nor is it a fact.

21 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Not really. Statistically far less likely.

That's what I said. And it's true. If you think that the probability of a small number of cruise passengers on one day spreading COVID here is on the same level as 40,000 people here for 2 weeks is the same probability then good luck to you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

That's what I said. And it's true. If you think that the probability of a small number of cruise passengers on one day spreading COVID here is on the same level as 40,000 people here for 2 weeks is the same probability then good luck to you. 

You never even mentioned probability!  What you've done is decided the TT is to blame for a spike in COVID cases without any evidence whatsoever.

You've made your mind up tourism is the problem and you've made your mind up the TT is to blame. Forget probability, that's more wild speculation than anything else. How many people travel to or from the island every day? Residents travel freely all the time. How do they fit in to your theory?

The only fact is that you, in common with everyone else, have no clue as to what has caused the recent COVID spike. The rest you've completely made up, as usual.

10 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

You never even mentioned probability!  What you've done is decided the TT is to blame for a spike in COVID cases without any evidence whatsoever.

You've made your mind up tourism is the problem and you've made your mind up the TT is to blame. Forget probability, that's more wild speculation than anything else. How many people travel to or from the island every day? Residents travel freely all the time. How do they fit in to your theory?

The only fact is that you, in common with everyone else, have no clue as to what has caused the recent COVID spike. The rest you've completely made up, as usual.

I haven't blamed the TT

I haven't blamed tourism. 

I couldn't give a flying fuck about the rise in COVID cases.

I should have used the word probability and not statistically. 

It's probable that TT contributed to the rise, but I am not blaming it nor saying it shouldn't have gone ahead. Just stating a fact. 

15 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I haven't blamed the TT

I haven't blamed tourism. 

I couldn't give a flying fuck about the rise in COVID cases.

I should have used the word probability and not statistically. 

It's probable that TT contributed to the rise, but I am not blaming it nor saying it shouldn't have gone ahead. Just stating a fact. 

If you couldn't give a flying fuck about the rise in COVID cases, why the hell are you trying to explain it when you have absolutely no idea what has caused it?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

If you couldn't give a flying fuck about the rise in COVID cases, why the hell are you trying to explain it when you have absolutely no idea what has caused it?

I rest my case.. 

22 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Because it's a discussion forum. 

There was Covid doing the rounds well before TT it is possible that we gave a lot of TT supporters it and now we have caused a worldwide pandemic, and we could have infected the poor cruise passengers as well.    If you really want to play the blame game ffs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Poppins said:

Covid is now part of the world. 

It will pop up around big events. 

Temporary mask restrictions in healthcare settings won't be uncommon. 

We can either crack on with life or complain about it.

Or where a mask to stop it spreading further

• Haha 2