TT 2024

Andy Onchan

PTSD has a chequered history as a head of claim. It used to be called nervous shock and was very difficult to prove. It’s pretty mainstream now. Better diagnostic criteria. 

I sit on the Criminal Injuries Compensation Committee. Even we have been making PTSD awards for over 25+ years.

But in life I come across lots of people claiming they have PTSD. Most don’t have the necessary diagnostic criteria. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John Wright said:

But in life I come across lots of people claiming they have PTSD. Most don’t have the necessary diagnostic criteria. 

Don’t they even look them up? Like most psychiatric diagnoses you can’t prove it with a blood test or a scan. I’ve even heard of people being coached what to say. 

• Like 3

It has become a popular condition, I mean no disrespect to anyone who has been diagnosed with it but I know someone who has a psychiatric illness and has been diagnosed with this after countless tests etc with no answers it seems this is the end game that has been suggested.   Firstly it was thought to be a muscle wasting condition but this has now been ruled out after extensive tests so the diagnosis has moved towards a psychiatric cause.   It seems to be a diagnosis given when all else fails.   A very sad and frustrating position for the sufferer.   I don’t profess to know anything regarding the medical side of this situation just socially involved with the sufferer who is going downhill fast it is very sad.

21 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Don’t they even look them up? Like most psychiatric diagnoses you can’t prove it with a blood test or a scan. I’ve even heard of people being coached what to say. 

It’s the most common thing I’m told as duty advocate either custody or court. 

On 7/14/2024 at 9:47 AM, Max Power said:

You’re so wrong on so many points there that it’s hardly worth trying to convince you, you’re completely sold on anything which supports your agenda and not interested in the bigger picture.

What’s the bigger picture? Lumpy carpets? Lying? 
come on then tell me why the inquiry was a sham? 

13 minutes ago, WTF said:

so it fits right in then , what's the problem.?

Rule 2

1. No obscenities, no defamation, no tasteless or otherwise unpleasant or injurious posts and no posts which break either the civil or criminal law are allowed.

3 minutes ago, Roger Ram said:

Rule 2

1. No obscenities, no defamation, no tasteless or otherwise unpleasant or injurious posts and no posts which break either the civil or criminal law are allowed.

you've just invented that haven't you you cheeky little scamp you , that would make 99.9% of the current posts against the rules.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Ram said:
17 minutes ago, WTF said:

so it fits right in then , what's the problem.?

Rule 2

Note this in your diaries!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WTF said:

you've just invented that haven't you you cheeky little scamp you , that would make 99.9% of the current posts against the rules.

Nope.  Its in the T&c’s

Lets see if the mods are big enough to enforce their own rules