TT 2024

Andy Onchan

5 minutes ago, WTF said:

its to stop the worshipers escaping that way.

But there are still about 12 civil servants  some very well paid in the Motor Sport division , plus   former government employees  also on the payroll ,  yet we never get to see a brake down  of the costs of running the  TT and MGP   thats not including the medical  and associated  costs ,

• Like 5

On 3/31/2024 at 12:05 AM, Happier diner said:

Something has changed cos they filled in the gateway from the church carpark into nobles with a stone wall. 

No doubt the same as the last hole they punched into the wall just up from the kissing gate on St Ninians road. No planning permission, all kinds of hoops to jump through with it being a park given to the people of Douglas. Not the first time town hall has come unstuck thinking they can do what they like, just taken delivery of new bubblegum machine no fanfare on this one. Is it twice bitten let's  keep this one under wraps see if it works first, or just the prof of all knowledge up in the big leagues  these days.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Here, have a TT theme song for free…I mean a very reasonable six figure fee. 

https://suno.com/song/6cf7ff3a-610f-457d-8d0f-28fbca50fd65  

Literally took 60 seconds to make. 30 for ChatGPT to create the lyrics, 30 for suno to create the song. AI is fucking nuts. 

It’s actually scary. Shortly we won’t know what’s created by real artists or A1

The world is f*****. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

Here, have a TT theme song for free…I mean a very reasonable six figure fee. 

https://suno.com/song/6cf7ff3a-610f-457d-8d0f-28fbca50fd65  

Literally took 60 seconds to make. 30 for ChatGPT to create the lyrics, 30 for suno to create the song. AI is fucking nuts. 

It’s hollow though. It sounds like a good song might sound but it’s not a good song.

It’s not so much a song about the TT but a song about some elements uncovered by googling about the TT. 

Take - 

Through misty mountains and rugged terrain,

They race against time, in wind and rain”

That’s very generic stuff … mountains are always described as misty.   Heroes always battle time and the elements  

And of course in the TT they don’t. They wait until it’s not misty or rainy. 

There’s nothing surprising, no unique insights into the Island or the TT.  Just the kind of marketing blurb you’d find on the back of a TT dvd   

There’s no reference to any specific part of the course, race or past heroes. 

I’m sure a better musician than me can make a criticism of the music. But to my ears there’s nothing surprising. You know when the guitars going to kick in, a second before it does. None of the instruments does anything unexpected or creative. Everything is on the beat.

Imagine when all music is this precise. It’ll be duller than the TT

Edited by Declan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Declan said:

It’s hollow though. It sounds like a good song might sound but it’s not a good songs.

It’s not so much a song about the TT but a song about some elements uncovered by googling about the TT. 

Take - 

That’s very generic stuff … mountains are always described as misty.   Heroes always battle time and the elements  

And of course they don’t. They wait until it’s not misty or rainy. 

There’s nothing surprising, no unique insights into the Island or the TT  Just the kind of marketing blurb you’d find on the back of a TT dvd   

I’m sure a better musician than me can make a criticism of the music. But to my ears there’s nothing surprising. You know when the guitars going to kick in, a second before it does. None of the instruments does anything unexpected or creative. Everything is on the beat.

Music by numbers as used to be said about generic rock songs

10 minutes ago, Declan said:

It’s hollow though. It sounds like a good song might sound but it’s not a good songs.

Take - 

And of course they don’t. They wait until it’s not misty or rainy. 

There’s nothing surprising, no unique insights into the Island or the TT  Just the kind of marketing blurb you’d find on the back of a TT dvd   

https://suno.com/song/0855ac7b-4c9b-4fcf-8a1f-207dd534a694

• Haha 1