TT 2024

Andy Onchan

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

I’m quite impressed with it. Sure, if you just put ‘write me a song about Douglas’ it’ll be generic shite, but with a bit more detail, I think this could be a reasonable tool to generate ideas that can be developed into something half-decent. A bit like how some synths have a random function - most of the time you get an unusable noise, but occasionally it’ll generate something never heard before that experts such as Jean Michel Jarre or Vangelis (both back in the day) can tweak and turn into something genuinely original and creative.  

I agree, it's like most AI I've come across lately. Crap in crap out, but if you take the trouble to put some detail in , it works really well.

6 hours ago, Declan said:

I'm the opposite.

It seems to me though imagination and originality are the bits it can't supply. Take the Douglas Council one - the could be about any council (at least any one with rivers) and there's a lot of talk about heroically defending the land from a nameless threat which is rather outside Douglas Commissioners' remit and not much on bin collecting.

Ironically the most specific thing to Douglas is the cliqued Celtic strings at the beginning. It sounds like library music a daytime TV show would use when they do a show in Ireland. And that's because Amadeus used the prompt  "Epic Celtic Rock Anthem".

So the only elements that make this vaguely relevent to the actual Douglas Corpy where Amadeus's creative decisions to write a song about Douglas Borough's leaders and make the music Celticy.

Correction: I asked Chatgpt to write a song about Douglas Council and had Suno make the music. I could have come up with better lyrics but for a throwaway gag this seemed good enough. Maybe I'll ask it to make a song about bins as well.

6 hours ago, wrighty said:

I’m not sure a seven-figure lump sum is possible, haven’t done the sums, but if it is I’d probably have to wait until I’m 75 to retire, and I’m certainly not going to do that. 

Anyway, here’s a metal anthem to Noble’s hospital wot I wrote 🤣

https://suno.com/song/e4df9955-6d07-469c-9de3-7dec00fdee4f

I like it :)

This is how it starts Amadeus  -  AI like the Terminator film franchise Nightmare....

DBC as a City, becomes sentient and starts killing, with a DBC Terminator, all the other Commissioners  around the rock. Having done that it targets the MHK's

Within 10 minutes the whole of the islands MHK population is WIPED OUT, dead, bereft of breath, deceased, by the DBC Terminator. (The chewing gum machine with a windows 95 upgrade)

The Islands CS, (Run now by the £100K AI guy)  then introduce "CS Rule" and decide the islands tax policy to ensure their continued pensions and inflated wages oh and and a increasing tax policy to make that work.

A dystopian nightmare?

Nah, who would notice any difference..............

I hear since the wall at St Ninian"s church has been rebuilt following  its opening for traffic  apparently without planning approval  and  complaints from nearby residents  there appears to be  a major traffic problem looming  for TT period   getting people  into the Nobles park recreational fields to park and safely out again   a lot of ratepayers would be mortified  if pressure was put on the corporation  to widen the access from St Ninians road up past the  talk of the town , destroying  the gardens ,childrens  area  and unique  access to the  bowling and other rate borne facilities 

anyone hearing anything out there ? only 6 weeks to go before the huge motorhomes and cars move in 

7 hours ago, Omobono said:

I hear since the wall at St Ninian"s church has been rebuilt following  its opening for traffic  apparently without planning approval  and  complaints from nearby residents  there appears to be  a major traffic problem looming  for TT period   getting people  into the Nobles park recreational fields to park and safely out again   a lot of ratepayers would be mortified  if pressure was put on the corporation  to widen the access from St Ninians road up past the  talk of the town , destroying  the gardens ,childrens  area  and unique  access to the  bowling and other rate borne facilities 

anyone hearing anything out there ? only 6 weeks to go before the huge motorhomes and cars move in 

The St Ninian's gate did indeed not have planning permission, despite the department having been told they need to obtain it well in advance (I was in the meeting where they were told, in the council chamber). Access will be widened past talk of the town. As much as you are obviously wishing for a bad news story, no gardens or play areas will be destroyed. The widening is something like half a meter and that's enough.

Of course you also know that there was an application to put a gate in at the bottom between St Ninian's and the ToTT entrance, but planning turned it down. Plus, in future cars won't be allowed to park in the field anymore anyway, except those who have business in Nobles during TT (workers, etc) and disabled parking. Motorbikes will still be allowed. I'm sure you will support this, seeing as you're so much in favour of protecting rate born facilities and that the fields are damaged every year by cars driving around and parking there.

14 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

This is how it starts Amadeus  -  AI like the Terminator film franchise Nightmare....

DBC as a City, becomes sentient and starts killing, with a DBC Terminator, all the other Commissioners  around the rock. Having done that it targets the MHK's

Within 10 minutes the whole of the islands MHK population is WIPED OUT, dead, bereft of breath, deceased, by the DBC Terminator. (The chewing gum machine with a windows 95 upgrade)

The Islands CS, (Run now by the £100K AI guy)  then introduce "CS Rule" and decide the islands tax policy to ensure their continued pensions and inflated wages oh and and a increasing tax policy to make that work.

A dystopian nightmare?

Nah, who would notice any difference..............

Or it could decide any one on over £25,000 pension is an unnecessary drain and iliminate's   them, see how quickly the cs renegotiate's its terms and conditions.

Edited by Dirty Buggane
Idiot spelling
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Amadeus said:

The St Ninian's gate did indeed not have planning permission, despite the department having been told they need to obtain it well in advance (I was in the meeting where they were told, in the council chamber). Access will be widened past talk of the town. As much as you are obviously wishing for a bad news story, no gardens or play areas will be destroyed. The widening is something like half a meter and that's enough.

Of course you also know that there was an application to put a gate in at the bottom between St Ninian's and the ToTT entrance, but planning turned it down. Plus, in future cars won't be allowed to park in the field anymore anyway, except those who have business in Nobles during TT (workers, etc) and disabled parking. Motorbikes will still be allowed. I'm sure you will support this, seeing as you're so much in favour of protecting rate born facilities and that the fields are damaged every year by cars driving around and parking there.

But I'm sure dbc is adequately recompensed for any damage caused out of the charges for what the sellers are paying for there pitches, I am told you are looking at £12,000 for the two weeks for a burger van type/size. Also with the increase in area where sales are taking place leads to reduction of parking which used to be charged for, so where are all these people supposed to park to partake  in the increase size of the "TT Experiance" 

Edited by Dirty Buggane

15 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Or it could decide any one on over £25,000 pension is an unnecessary drain and illuminates them, see how quickly the cs renegotiate's its terms and conditions.

It couldn't 'decide' that without negotiation in the first place. 

There seems to be two options to fix the public sector pension issue: revise the terms for new joiners but that will take a very long time to feed through; or pass legislation to cap benefits in some way, but that could cause untold consequences even if it was given Royal Assent. 

Edited by Gladys

8 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

But I'm sure dbc is adequately recompensed for any damage caused out of the charges for what the sellers are paying for there pitches, I am told you are looking at £12,000 for the two weeks for a burger van type/size. Also with the increase in area where sales are taking place leads to reduction of parking which used to be charged for, so where are all these people supposed to park to partake  in the increase size of the "TT Experiance" 

IOMG should have started to look at park and shuttle solutions years ago, especially as they’re apparently trying to grow the event. Car park was at capacity all the time already. 

Meetings with them are always fun when they go huff and puff until you point out they should have done certain things years ago. Looking at a certain minister here. I love the TT but man, sometimes you wonder how the event lasted this long. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Amadeus said:

IOMG should have started to look at park and shuttle solutions years ago, especially as they’re apparently trying to grow the event. Car park was at capacity all the time already. 

Meetings with them are always fun when they go huff and puff until you point out they should have done certain things years ago. Looking at a certain minister here. I love the TT but man, sometimes you wonder how the event lasted this long. 

Several international race meetings abroad provide a free shuttle bus from the town centre to the circuit, it wouldn't take much planning. Waiting time is just a few minutes, but the chance of a few coppers profit is too hard to turn down I guess?