TT 2024

Andy Onchan

29 minutes ago, Beelzebub3 said:

The DOI got Jerry the builder from George and Mildred to price the job, very cheap and highly recommended😁

O'Reilly's weren't available as Fawlty Towers has a show on in London

• Haha 1

Manx Radio: Driver arrested after going against one-way system on Mountain Road

At last the police have decided that the 100 or so cones were overkill and actually were counter productive and contributed to sign blindness (there's only so many signs even an intelligent road copper can take in at one go)

but I think they should remove the red Honda banner

2024 TT road signs.jpg

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

Why ?

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

For likes

Its more red amongst the red signs. It's distraction.
What's the most important red sign there? Honda of course.

Lots of red and white cones too, but they are obligatory. These folk are never happy unless there are loads of red and white cones.

2024TTroadsigns2.jpg.fc3e5b13fda8fe4bfa225107a14b6243.jpg

(Honda makes the heart grow fonder)

Edited by Barlow

Posted (edited)

This from police:

As 99.999% of people know the mountain is ONE WAY from Ramsey to the Creg ny Baa for the TT festival.

That assumes that in 85,000 people there is only one that is not aware that the Mountain Road is one way during TT.

In that 85,000 I bet you I can find a 100 folk, maybe even 1000 who do not know, and have no desire or indeed need to know.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 2

very little on Manx Radio or in the courier regarding the practice and race schedule  road closing times  and the fact that on bank Holiday Monday (tomorrow ) the course will be closed from 10 AM until  21 -00  

I downloaded the official government race timetable  2 weeks but on checking  the schedule for the  coming week  was surprised to read that the programme was no longer available on the isle of man government website , 

I just hope too many people intending to enjoy the bank holiday are not caught out  when they discover almost 38 miles of the islands roads will be closed on Monday  and there are other daytime closures planned for later in the week   

Lots of new stipulation for volunteer marshals this year from information coming out.

A reassessment of the risks of the TT by the authorities (including the CC) which had previously seen the TT very low on the scale apparently has, apart from the obvious increase in prohibited spectator areas, now seen safety and physical capability requirements raised for officials.

No more semi or partially disabled marshals can be accepted, trainers and casual footwear are no longer acceptable (and marshals will have to fund/supply their own safety-compliant footwear so far). Supplied tabards to be free of any personalisation or advertising because it may reduce their visibility in the event of an incident.

What effect this will have on the volunteer Orange Army remains to be seen.

11 hours ago, Omobono said:

very little on Manx Radio or in the courier regarding the practice and race schedule  road closing times  and the fact that on bank Holiday Monday (tomorrow ) the course will be closed from 10 AM until  21 -00  

I downloaded the official government race timetable  2 weeks but on checking  the schedule for the  coming week  was surprised to read that the programme was no longer available on the isle of man government website , 

I just hope too many people intending to enjoy the bank holiday are not caught out  when they discover almost 38 miles of the islands roads will be closed on Monday  and there are other daytime closures planned for later in the week   

the course opens for a while around going home time for those that are working, its 2 sessions not 1 big one.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, WTF said:

the course opens for a while around going home time for those that are working, its 2 sessions not 1 big one.

I'm not sure that's always true this year.  If you look at the road closure notice as per the IOMG media site (so there is still something there, even if it may not be where Omobono originally saw it):

image.thumb.png.4343e6992d19dce83fd85763028f8a28.png

While it does say "*Where indicated, the whole TT Course will be open to traffic between 5.00pm and 6.00pm except for the Mountain Road section" that doesn't seem to apply to most of the dates, for example today.  Of course that gap is specified by some of the other times being in two parts or re-opening being at 6.30pm, but there are days such as today when it looks as if it's closed straight through.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I'm not sure that's always true this year.  If you look at the road closure notice as per the IOMG media site (so there is still something there, even if it may not be where Omobono originally saw it):

image.thumb.png.4343e6992d19dce83fd85763028f8a28.png

While it does say "*Where indicated, the whole TT Course will be open to traffic between 5.00pm and 6.00pm except for the Mountain Road section" that doesn't seem to apply to most of the dates, for example today.  Of course that gap is specified by some of the other times being in two parts or re-opening being at 6.30pm, but there are days such as today when it looks as if it's closed straight through.

every day is a school day at the moment