TT 2024

Andy Onchan

Is Speculation the new buzz word, like sub-justice used to be. And what is wrong with speculation, just a personal point of view without access to the relevant facts. And who is it hurting, is it going to be illegal when the thought police are formed. I bet the local plod are salivating at that thought, sorry just speculation.  😁

14 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

That's not going to go down well with the fans who've spent a fortune to get here. Perfect conditions out there tonight. Whose decision was this ? Couldn't the main investigation wait until tomorrow ?

13 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Given that it happened quite a bit earlier, you'd hope the casualties would have made it to the hospital by now - mark the road up, take any witness statements at the cop shop, do the investigation after the practice.

The road isn't going anywhere. Madness.

The police will have their reasons. 

2 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

The police will have their reasons. 

If it is a case of a serious matter which may require evidence before a court, or a coroners court, it would be very difficult to answer a question, other than yes, along the lines of " Is it possible that evidence of ( whatever) may have been lost due to the road being used before a full investigation could take place "

Clearly the Police, for whatever reasons, don't want to place themselves in that position. 

• Thanks 1

The NPM reports this morning advising people booked for Homestay/accommodation to check they are registered etc. Unfortunately in the unholy rush to both grow the economy, the population and the tourist accommodation offerings, you will get instances like accommodation not being up to ‘standards’. I’m sure in some cases a blind eye would be turned. 

6 minutes ago, 2112 said:

The NPM reports this morning advising people booked for Homestay/accommodation to check they are registered etc. Unfortunately in the unholy rush to both grow the economy, the population and the tourist accommodation offerings, you will get instances like accommodation not being up to ‘standards’. I’m sure in some cases a blind eye would be turned. 

It happens all over the world, stupid people being scammed by not using common sense and credit cards . No doubt people like you will blame the government!

23 minutes ago, Banker said:

. No doubt people like you will blame the government!

and this NPM thing, of course

• Like 1

Mountain now closed and unlikely to reopen before the next practice as two bikes have broken down.

Seems entirely believable. Bikes are well known to be difficult to move out of the way.

Couldn't they just say we don't trust you not to crash and mess up the schedule again.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Is Speculation the new buzz word, like sub-justice used to be. And what is wrong with speculation, just a personal point of view without access to the relevant facts. And who is it hurting, is it going to be illegal when the thought police are formed. I bet the local plod are salivating at that thought, sorry just speculation.  😁

To be honest I think it's just something that gets put down on media training. I don't think the police really care about speculation it's more having thoughts about family etc and posting things online that might be wide of the mark. Unfortunately people are sheep and believe pretty much  anything they read on social media 

Edited by thommo2010
  • Thanks 1

Regarding link it was on Ramsey Facebook and the person posting was trying to find alternative accommodation for the Spanish gentleman who were very upset as they had stayed with the gentleman for years.   They were more upset about his death than anything and wanted to pay their respects to the family etc.  they also needed accommodation and I think by the replies they got fixed up.   

32 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Couldn't they just say we don't trust you not to crash and mess up the schedule again.

I wish they would. 

"Don't be a bellend over the mountain.  You're literally ruining it for 1000s of race fans and locals" 

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

To be honest I think it's just something that gets put down on media training. I don't think the police really care about speculation it's more having thoughts about family etc and posting things online that might be wide of the mark. Unfortunately people are sheep and believe pretty much anything they read on social media 

The police are people, though, right? Usually associated with another farm animal rather than sheep.