TT 2024

Andy Onchan

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Just for the those interested, the first rider's eye view lap, as far as I'm aware?

I watched from Crosby to Ramsey. It's absolutely fucking insane.

They should be promoting that video all over the world. 

• Like 3

On 5/30/2024 at 10:08 AM, When Skies are Grey V2 said:

With Sean Counsell, the vehicle driver now pursuing a claim against the ACU for £100,000 too. Plus this...neither have been allowed to see the report into the incident.

Screenshot_20240531-135808_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

With Sean Counsell, the vehicle driver now pursuing a claim against the ACU for £100,000 too. Plus this...neither have been allowed to see the report into the incident.

Yes that struck me as fairly shocking as well.  But if the case is allowed to go ahead, I would imagine that Counsell's legal team would be entitled to see the full report and maybe make the contents public.  Hence the attempt to dismiss the claim as out of time.  If it isn't, no doubt a quiet settlement will occur as has already happened with Mercer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

A 'quiet settlement' may have been the only option left for the Mercers. When your up against a brick wall and paying huge medical bills, they may have been forced down the route of 'constructive settlement'. He's not getting any younger and this was many years ago now. We'll never know what the amount was or whether it was anywhere near what they were seeking, and it'll all be tied up in NDA clauses. The report should of course be published in full but it's the usual Manx 'cover, bury and move on'. I wonder what else is in there that could make the Mercer's settlement look like small change, or could effect the amount that Sean Counsell, or even others, might pursue ?

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

Says in the article they were allowed to turn against the course. 

many on this forum dispute this……it’s a funny old world 

Clearly there's something in the report that they don't want fully in the public domain despite this effective admission as to what happened...

Screenshot_20240531-202129_Samsung Internet.jpg

14 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

A 'quiet settlement' may have been the only option left for the Mercers. When your up against a brick wall and paying huge medical bills, they may have been forced down the route of 'constructive settlement'. He's not getting any younger and this was many years ago now. We'll never know what the amount was or whether it was anywhere near what they were seeking, and it'll all be tied up in NDA clauses. The report should of course be published in full but it's the usual Manx 'cover, bury and move on'. I wonder what else is in there that could make the Mercer's settlement look like small change, or could effect the amount that Sean Counsell, or even others, might pursue ?

The ACU had already effectively accepted liability, by the time they were arguing jurisdiction in 2019.  Which in turn would mean that they would be obliged to pay medical bills - it would be other less tangible things that there would be argument over.  I'm not sure it would could as many years either - the accident was six years and a day ago.

The police are publicising another Operation, this time Operation Fortress. I thought it was Operation Strongbox. 

Officers cracking down on port security

"Don't bother" bringing anything illegal to the Island this TT.

That's the message from the Isle of Man Constabulary after a number of people were held in custody overnight for drug-related offences.

As part of Operation Fortress, there are extra officers manning the ports and monitoring illegal activity.

Inspector Paul Kemp says they're cracking down on the issue:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Shades of the Dr. Ranson case? Only she had the financial and legal firepower to outgun the government machine.

It would be interesting to know if the money is coming from the ACU or if it's being funded by IOM Government.

I suspect the real reason the report will never see the light of day is because it would potentially make the positions of some people untenable. 

I'm not knocking the TT I'm a huge fan, but I am very surprised there wasn't a major change at the top after this incident.

Edited by Hairy Poppins
  • Like 2

Ain’t gonna happen  h poppins. This civil service will protect within at all costs. It’s a perfect storm for anyone within the civil service as if the shit hits the fan the mhk responsible takes the hit. Pay rises all round. 
twats. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Counsell has been promoting himself as a big hard man all his life and has plenty of form going way back. And for 10 years or so each TT he just leant on the barriers outside the TT office back of the grandstand glaring at people.
Not so tough now there's a bit of compo calling.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1