TT 2024

Andy Onchan

47 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Standard of driving - never great - is absolutely fucking absurd.

I've noticed that too.  It's as if TT gives everyone a reason (not everyone, obviously.  I'm sensible, and I'm sure you are too, but everyone else) to drive like a maniac.  I keep off the roads as much as possible, and my bike (pedal powered) stays in the house - and I'm a reasonably competent/confident cyclist.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, wrighty said:

I've noticed that too.  It's as if TT gives everyone a reason (not everyone, obviously.  I'm sensible, and I'm sure you are too, but everyone else) to drive like a maniac.  I keep off the roads as much as possible, and my bike (pedal powered) stays in the house - and I'm a reasonably competent/confident cyclist.

I'd stayed off the roads at the weekend - we got the train to Douglas - but I had to drive today, and it was very bad. I saw a lot of stupid, locals and tourists. I do not like it. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Standard of driving - never great - is absolutely fucking absurd.

Yes. Very disappointed in a minority. German guy doing wheelies on Bray Hill then 3 tosspots yesterday on lord street doing wheelies then turning into the pedestrian area by the front porch, weaving in and out of families on a Sunday afternoon. Absolute tosspots..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

I'd stayed off the roads at the weekend - we got the train to Douglas - but I had to drive today, and it was very bad. I saw a lot of stupid, locals and tourists. I do not like it. 

I was in port Erin and bikes & cars pulling out all over the place, bikes cutting in etc and Tesco car park was like the Wild West!! Surprisingly there were several young children out cycling on the main roads and I was concerned that parents would let them.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Bushy's. Villa thingy. No disrespect, I can't sing to save my life, but there is only so much karaoke Elton John I can take. And I haven't left my house all evening.

ETA actually he's pretty good, to be fair.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Bushy's. Villa thingy. No disrespect, I can't sing to save my life, but there is only so much karaoke Elton John I can take. And I haven't left my house all evening.

Yeah, heard him while walking past tonight, on my way home from work (so I only heard the one song), very good rendition of Rocket Man.

8 hours ago, Barlow said:

He can’t be worse than the real thing! 

• Haha 2