TT 2024

Andy Onchan

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Are they helicopters used for filming, or for safety?  Noticed less helicopter traffic over my house yesterday.

I’m guessing you stopped topless sunbathing in your garden when the rain started, Glad.   Coincidence?

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

I’m guessing you stopped topless sunbathing in your garden when the rain started, Glad.   Coincidence?

No, I think they tend to divert when I topless sunbathe! 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, WTF said:

i was wondering what that meant too , it's not like they just clip on and could fall off.

according to members of the orange army who aren't allowed to report such things, the helicopter got its rotors stuck in fencing / hedging just up the road from the bungalow and bits of rotor went flying some distance. a low loader had to tow it away. and the race track had to be cleared of the debris. both from the original crash and the bits of rotor blade.

the official line being 'we listened to the riders'

I'm sure a statement will follow in due course 🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Lost it's rotors? Engine failure on ground? Clobbered an obstacle - or what?

You see because of all the thefts this TT they've started to take the rotors off so nobody can nick the helicopter. 

Problem was after a session in Bushys, nobody can remember where they stashed the rotors for safe keeping.

19 minutes ago, english zloty said:

according to members of the orange army who aren't allowed to report such things, the helicopter got its rotors stuck in fencing / hedging just up the road from the bungalow and bits of rotor went flying some distance. a low loader had to tow it away. and the race track had to be cleared of the debris. both from the original crash and the bits of rotor blade.

pilot error then ??

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, english zloty said:

Not that I'm doubting you, but you'd have thought someone would have posted some photos up of a helicopter on a low loader coming off the mountain. 

• Like 2

Just a thought, but you know they have the lycra clad Monster girls waving the riders off at the start?  And June is apparently the gayest month of the year (Pride gets a whole month now). 

Will we see a drag queen waving them off at the start with a Rainbow flag?  I can see Starship Enterprise positively salivating over the idea. 

This is either the best or worst idea I've had in a while. 

• Haha 6

56 minutes ago, english zloty said:

'm sure a statement will follow in due course

There will be one from the AAIB, but it will take a while.

Maybe they investigated the accident site before the wreckage was moved.

14 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

There will be one from the AAIB, but it will take a while.

Maybe they investigated the accident site before the wreckage was moved.

I'm sure if it were that serious there would be something on local news by now - or at least faceache.

4 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I'm sure if it were that serious there would be something on local news by now - or at least faceache

Accidents are notifiable.

"For the purposes of this Regulation, the following definitions shall apply:

(1) ‘accident’ means an occurrence associated with the operation of an aircraft which,....

(b) the aircraft sustains damage or structural failure which adversely affects the structural strength, performance or flight characteristics of the aircraft,"

The Internet is wonderful. You don't have to get the bus to the local library to find things out. ManxForums has all you need.

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

Just a thought, but you know they have the lycra clad Monster girls waving the riders off at the start?  And June is apparently the gayest month of the year (Pride gets a whole month now). 

Will we see a drag queen waving them off at the start with a Rainbow flag?  I can see Starship Enterprise positively salivating over the idea. 

This is either the best or worst idea I've had in a while. 

So you are sitting at work thinking about drag queens in lycra at the TT? 

• Haha 1