TT 2024

Andy Onchan

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

It was dry in Douglas all morning with light rain just started now, was it wet in other areas as not sure why race wasn’t run this morning?

Probably running tonight now which will impact many planning to watch red arrows later 

It looks like the red arrows are getting moved or rescheduled which could be chaos

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

It was dry in Douglas all morning with light rain just started now, was it wet in other areas as not sure why race wasn’t run this morning?

Probably running tonight now which will impact many planning to watch red arrows later 

It looks like the red arrows are getting moved or rescheduled which could be chaos

6 minutes ago, Roger Ram said:

Update just said we will give further update later. They will go ahead if weather ok as can’t be rescheduled 

1 hour ago, Ghost Ship said:

How is anybody not on the island meant to know what the current position is regarding today's (or any day's) races?

The official website is rubbish and doesn't tell you anything helpful like what's happening or when the next update will be.  There's a page called "Latest" but the latest thing on there is Connor Cummins' announcement yesterday that he's withdrawing from the rest of the races.

Why can't they have something telling you the latest situation even if it's just "Today's racing has been delayed because of...  There will be a further announcement at 13:00 hours" or whatever.  That information would be useful rather than the rest of the crap on that website.

I don't have to listen to Manx Radio do I?    I'll probably have a seizure if I have to listen to it while there's no racing on

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/delay-extended-on-friday-tt-schedule/

• Thanks 1

I don't do Watsup, Twatter or Faceache.  I have no social media or interweb footprint whatsoever.  (Except here if this counts)

Does that just leave Manx Radio then?

So you don't want to use the internet and you don't want to listen to Manx Radio - but you want to know exactly what is going on.

Perhaps the clerk of the course could pop round and let you know in person, he's probably not that busy.

• Haha 7

I don't do Watsup, Twatter or Faceache.  I have no social media or interweb footprint whatsoever.  (Except here if this counts)

Does that just leave Manx Radio then?

You can join them even if you don't have any friends

32 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I thought safety was your main concern 🤔

It’s been dry as a bone you buffoon.

only here that the races are being postponed when the course is dry to when the course will be wet. 

unless it’s the latest Government hospitality wheeze, whereby they get all these tourists here then cancel the races….

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

They could have ran a race this morning by now, but the clerk of the course is asleep at the wheel 

does he know where the wheel is ??

• Like 1