TT 2024

Andy Onchan

17 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

We could go back to the days of closing the roads at 9am and hanging around all day, would you prefer that? 

Preferable if they stick to allocated race days and let people go about their business on non-race days. None of this contingency day crap.

If they have to cancel or shorten races then so be it. Thats the risks of road racing. And they've ended up doing that anyway even with contigency days.

As it is now, it's pot luck. They keep the road open, some tosser crashes on the mountain so they have to close it anyway only now there is oil and debris to clean up before you can even race anyway. People hanging around waiting to hear what's happening.

If you pick a spot with no closed road access then you are there for the duration or they open the crossing point for an hour at 2 o'clock.

While I'm having a rant, put the one-way in place on the Sunday before first practise and take it down after the last race on Saturday or Sunday. After all they have all the signage to remind it's two-way there for a week before and a fortnight after for the hard of understanding.

They've already binned Mad Sunday and moved the Senior Race from Senior Race Day.

3 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Preferable if they stick to allocated race days and let people go about their business on non-race days. None of this contingency day crap.

If they have to cancel or shorten races then so be it. Thats the risks of road racing. And they've ended up doing that anyway even with contigency days.

As it is now, it's pot luck. They keep the road open, some tosser crashes on the mountain so they have to close it anyway only now there is oil and debris to clean up before you can even race anyway. People hanging around waiting to hear what's happening.

If you pick a spot with no closed road access then you are there for the duration or they open the crossing point for an hour at 2 o'clock.

While I'm having a rant, put the one-way in place on the Sunday before first practise and take it down after the last race on Saturday or Sunday. After all they have all the signage to remind it's two-way there for a week before and a fortnight after for the hard of understanding.

They've already binned Mad Sunday and moved the Senior Race from Senior Race Day.

They've had contingency days as long as I can remember. They used to be Tuesday and Thursday, now they're Monday and Thursday.

Really, I don't mean to be rude, but are you sure you're living in the right place? You could literally live anywhere else on the surface of the planet and be less affected by motorcycle road racing than here.

I really think you should consider a move, for your own mental wellbeing and happiness.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Really, I don't mean to be rude, but are you sure you're living in the right place? You could literally live anywhere else on the surface of the planet and be less affected by motorcycle road racing than here.

I really think you should consider a move, for your own mental wellbeing and happiness.

The same could be said to you really. People have been moaning about the TT for longer than you've lived here. I bet you've moved over here fairly recently and you've probably bought a house on the course as well. If you can't just enjoy it perhaps you should live elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, La Colombe said:

The same could be said to you really. People have been moaning about the TT for longer than you've lived here. I bet you've moved over here fairly recently and you've probably bought a house on the course as well. If you can't just enjoy it perhaps you should live elsewhere. 

Okay Sparky, whatever you reckon 😁

It’s a shame the WhatsApp group doesn’t let you see the little “typing” bubble.

I reckon they have been ages crafting the message that is about to go out because what ever they say will upset some idiots.

”Gary is typing” 😂