TT 2024

Andy Onchan

3 hours ago, Roger Ram said:

There are loads of locals who would step up if needed.

I never marshal senior race day as it is a day on the ale, but could do Sunday if needed if there is a red flag or another delay tomorrow.

Yes. Understood.  But in this day and age , when is senior race day? Like mad Sunday,  it's become confused. 

26 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Yes. Understood.  But in this day and age , when is senior race day? Like mad Sunday,  it's become confused. 

It’s the Saturday.  The day that the senior race is scheduled for.

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

I’d believe the Fromage as I know who his connections are within the TT structure instead of your mate marshalling at east mountain gate all week. 

Hahahahahaha, i don't know anyone marshalling at the East Mountain Gate.

Unlike the fantasy connections you've made up for one of your alter egos, who you just happen to know 😁😊

#fantasydave #fullofshit

28 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Hahahahahaha, i don't know anyone marshalling at the East Mountain Gate.

Unlike the fantasy connections you've made up for one of your alter egos, who you just happen to know 😁😊

#fantasydave #fullofshit

Arfff - I’ll give you a message tomorrow from the Tower tomorrow Crazy Dave 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

They are now incredibly over cautious as there is only one insurance provider willing to provide cover for the event - Paul Phillips “keyboard warrior piece” is pure deflection to justify decisions without actually saying next big incident renders them unemployed.

Will be called out on this next bit - but having had it from someone in the Control Tower today I’m inclined to believe there’s a bit of truth in it.

As a consequence Phillips and the Clerk of the Course are quietly losing the experienced and knowledgeable volunteers as they quit due to the current administration.

The TT is self insured by IOM Government isn't it? 

Who does their insurance otherwise?

4 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

They are now incredibly over cautious as there is only one insurance provider willing to provide cover for the event - Paul Phillips “keyboard warrior piece” is pure deflection to justify decisions without actually saying next big incident renders them unemployed.

Will be called out on this next bit - but having had it from someone in the Control Tower today I’m inclined to believe there’s a bit of truth in it.

As a consequence Phillips and the Clerk of the Course are quietly losing the experienced and knowledgeable volunteers as they quit due to the current administration.

Thanks for the insight

7 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

No shit Sherlock!

What's today then? It's referred to as Senior race day public holiday. 

Correct.

Which is the day before senior race day, which is the day that the senior TT race is scheduled to run.

They used to be the same day but then the race was moved to the Saturday and it was decided to retain the extra bank holiday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can understand the disappointment of anyone whose race has been cancelled and the spectators whose track,side viewing has been curtailed but,,,,,,,, safety first.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hairy Poppins said:

The TT is self insured by IOM Government isn't it? 

Who does their insurance otherwise?

Nope- that’s the last option if current insurance don’t wish to renew - IOM Government couldn’t afford it - imagine the Government having to essentially underwrite risk for the whole show - riders, marshals Directors & Officers Liability etc etc

Have you had a claim recently Sir - other than the 4 sidecar deaths in the same spot and an official course car wiping out a few nothing really……

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Nope- that’s the last option if current insurance don’t wish to renew - IOM Government couldn’t afford it - imagine the Government having to essentially underwrite risk for the whole show - riders, marshals Directors & Officers Liability etc etc

Have you had a claim recently Sir - other than the 4 sidecar deaths in the same spot and an official course car wiping out a few nothing really……

I can’t understand why anyone would insure the TT. The whole premise of insurance is that risk is spread out over many clients, such that total premiums paid in is more than losses paid out. That’s fine if you’ve got say 1000s of car drivers, and you can bank on only 1 in 10 or whatever needing to claim each year. But the TT is pretty unique. Makes more sense for IOM government to underwrite it than gambling with an insurance company, because long term the insurance company wins every time. 

• Like 2

The Island is autonymous, isn't it? That being so, the government can simply legislate its way out of liability. Just inform everyone who participates that they do so at their own risk and there's no safety net. The existing safety net isn't worth a damn anyway as it only pays out a *maximum* of 60k in the event of death or disability.

11 minutes ago, GD4XXX said:

The Island is autonymous, isn't it? That being so, the government can simply legislate its way out of liability. Just inform everyone who participates that they do so at their own risk and there's no safety net. The existing safety net isn't worth a damn anyway as it only pays out a *maximum* of 60k in the event of death or disability.

More bollocks presented as far.