TT 2024

Andy Onchan

1 minute ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Are these so called legacy laps some how bringing in revenue, is it advertising or give us £10,000 and you get a run out on closed roads ?.

I'm concluding that if someone is given one they leave the island a little something in their will. 

Again true I can remember going back years their used to be day trips over on the Friday to see the big race and so many times they would go back without seeing anything at all my uncle used to come every year regardless it didn’t deter him if the races were cancelled he would turn up at our house for a cuppa.

1 minute ago, Fred the shred said:

It has been said the Legacy laps are between races to give the competitors time to get sorted for the next race.    True or false I don’t know but that is the word on FB.

That is the claim.  But we have seen a huge increase in these vanity laps, and no doubt a big increase in revenue for the government.

What used to happen between races?

17 minutes ago, GD4XXX said:

Nobody wants to watch electric bikes. They're BORING.

In order to save the planet, which all the eco loons seem to subscribe to, some unpopular decisions will have to be made. No doubt motorcycles will be caught up into the argument, especially about emissions etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cissolt said:

That is the claim.  But we have seen a huge increase in these vanity laps, and no doubt a big increase in revenue for the government.

Dads dragged their kids to look at old motorbikes and listen to boring men discuss carborettas and big ends.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, cissolt said:

You think?  There seem to be a lot less than I remember in the past.

Yet again IOM police are making more pronouncements in the media about staying off closed roads. If there is such a problem, and the need to hit the media, I would suggest that fines aren’t effective and the police campaigns aren’t effective either. Perhaps show trials followed by imprisonment, and forfeiture of said motorcycles/chattels etc may have a sobering effect and show others what will happen. 

The last person who flew a drone wasn’t heavily fined, no doubt it will happen again.

13 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

And what are these warm up laps, you go out on a warm up get back in then sit there for 2 hours. Not a warm up lap by my definition.

It's more a sighting lap to see if any changes to course condition and get your eye in. Competitors seem to like them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Another semi for you then. 

Accusations of sexual depravity as a means of suppression of anything other than glowing news reports seems a tad vulgar. Don't you think?