TT 2024

Andy Onchan

26 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It's very disruptive.

And there's the point.

That's why some people don't like it, although they're not honest enough to admit it, they tend to focus on safety which they see as the least defensible aspect of it - although a lack of integrity invariably shines through in their rabid rants.

What it boils down to is the TT closes the roads and sees tens of thousands of people enjoying themselves. That will always piss off a tiny minority of people off who will make up any old bollocks rather than admit they dislike road closures yet choose to live in the one place on earth they'll be most affected by them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

And there's the point.

That's why some people don't like it, although they're not honest enough to admit it, they tend to focus on safety which they see as the least defensible aspect of it - although a lack of integrity invariably shines through in their rabid rants.

What it boils down to is the TT closes the roads and sees tens of thousands of people enjoying themselves. That will always piss off a tiny minority of people off who will make up any old bollocks rather than admit they dislike road closures yet choose to live in the one place on earth they'll be most affected by them.

This argument is fucking shit.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

And there's the point.

I have lived on the island for over fifty years and have lived inside the course, outside the course and for twenty years directly on the course.

I have never found it particularly disruptive and have just planned around it so have to admit I don’t really get the issue.

During the years living directly on the course we had children and raised them, even as newborns and toddlers it wasn’t hard to plan around.

These days I am fortunate to just take the race week off, but when I worked in an office in Douglas it really wasn”t a big deal.  It took more planning and organisation than other weeks but that is all.

Maybe being local and a fan of the event makes me more tolerant than some others?

Edited by Roger Ram
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, A fool and his money..... said:

The only thing he has ten year's experience of is talking shit.

Every group has its resident troll and you're obviously it here.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Although it's demonstrated throughout these pages, not least by yourself.

I've tried to engage you in meaningful debate at least once to no avail.

He's right.

You quoted part of my post and entirely invented something to have a go at.

This is why your argument is fucking shit and what you wrote is total bollocks.

39 minutes ago, WTF said:

it could be to give racers a sighting lap to see where the damp patches are 

36 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Yes exactly that,

The damp patches are in your pants. 

34 minutes ago, Roger Ram said:

I have lived on the island for over fifty years and have lived inside the course, outside the course and for twenty years directly on the course.

Do you live in a caravan? 

• Haha 1