TT 2024

Andy Onchan

4 minutes ago, Max Power said:

You keep mentioning this but offer nothing to support it? As it turns out Nathan performed very well in the Senior, bear in mind that this is only his second TT too.

I don't understand what the benefit would be of funding a local rider's ride, it won't bring more people to the island and is only of interest to a few locals. 

As I have said, I think you're assuming a lot from a bit of pub talk.  

I don't think he's assuming a lot from pub talk at all.

He's perfectly obviously made the whole thing up which is why he's never produced any a single shred of evidence to support it.

In fact now he's taking his fantastical claims even further and claiming we paid for Dan's TAS Suzuki ride - again no evidence, no corroboration - just bullshit.

It just shows the integrity of the rest of his argument, all made up to make it sound better.

He's probably moved here and bought a house on the course out of season without doing any research - but now is outraged by the death (although still outraged this year) and by the government paying for locals to have factory rides ( despite the FOI act and complete lack of evidence).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I don't think he's assuming a lot from pub talk at all.

He's perfectly obviously made the whole thing up which is why he's never produced any a single shred of evidence to support it.

In fact now he's taking his fantastical claims even further and claiming we paid for Dan's TAS Suzuki ride - again no evidence, no corroboration - just bullshit.

It just shows the integrity of the rest of his argument, all made up to make it sound better.

He's probably moved here and bought a house on the course out of season without doing any research - but now is outraged by the death (although still outraged this year) and by the government paying for locals to have factory rides ( despite the FOI act and complete lack of evidence).

Thanks Mr Phillips - my knowledge is considerably more informed and factual than you might expect 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Roger Ram said:

When we’re there days that there wasn’t a possibility of racing?  I can’t remember that, the Tuesday and Thursday were always contingency days or at least have been for a long time haven’t they?

Yes for many years. I think Roger is more referring to mad Sunday and the Saturday after the Senior Race day holiday.

I can quite see this additional disruption is significant if you live on or inside the course. 

1 minute ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Thanks Mr Phillips - my knowledge is considerably more informed and factual than you might expect 

Although still no evidence or a single person to corroborate it, strange that.

I met a fella who swore to me the world was flat once, with similar evidence to back it up.

I didn't believe him either.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Yes for many years. I think Roger is more referring to mad Sunday and the Saturday after the Senior Race day holiday.

I can quite see this additional disruption is significant if you live on or inside the course. 

Maybe.  Not sure how that would really impact businesses as he stated though and there has been the possibility of a senior on the Saturday for years.

6 minutes ago, Roger Ram said:

When we’re there days that there wasn’t a possibility of racing?  I can’t remember that, the Tuesday and Thursday were always contingency days or at least have been for a long time haven’t they?

Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday were always contingency days. Plus daily 5am starts for practices during practice week.

Things have changed. I think it’s better.

I suspect part of the impetus was to extend the number of days that people could come and stay for a few days given the decreased number of boats and hotel beds.

It is interesting that we’ve now got planning for 3 new hotels within a few hundred yards of each other, and of the sea terminal.

Villiers Yard

Royalty House 

Salvation Army.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Roger Ram said:

Maybe.  Not sure how that would really impact businesses as he stated though and there has been the possibility of a senior on the Saturday for years.

I think generally the impact of the TT on businesses is very positive.

There will be some that suffer maybe. Marown TV maybe?

I'm sure I remember them abandoning the senior one wet Friday because they couldn't run it on the Saturday a few years ago - that may have been different in recent years though.

I agree with you generally, but there's no doubt the new schedule is a bit more disruptive for people living on the course though.

Other than that it's worked very well so far.

2 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

This

It’s nonsense though.  There are no more days of disruption than there ever were in a wet race week.  In fact its better now as they are much more likely to delay the actual road closure than they used to be.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

Did you find that out from experience? How did the restraining order work out? 😂

yes, she isn't allowed to come within 200 metres of me now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve_Christian said:

I think that’s a different Stephen Christian… (I’m with a V ) 

Thanks for clearing that up. I was hopping mad!

• Haha 1