TT 2024

Andy Onchan

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

The course and protocols are ever improving in safety. The speeds are ever worsening safety.

That's true, the speeds are insane these days.

One thing I noticed from this year's crashes is that the air fences are incredible life savers.

They've increased in number massively over recent years which has helped a lot, we should continue to invest in them.

It's never going to be completely safe though.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I note the TT brought strangers flu.

There’s a covid upsurge. Dentist cancelled Tuesday, two friends had to cancel a visit, police short staffed.

Yesterday I sat in a consultation/interview room with a client who coughed and spluttered for 2 hours. Hope my jabs keep me safe.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, John Wright said:

There’s a covid upsurge. Dentist cancelled Tuesday, two friends had to cancel a visit, police short staffed.

Yesterday I sat in a consultation/interview room with a client who coughed and spluttered for 2 hours. Hope my jabs keep me safe.

Apparently also a virus around causing coughing, aches & flu like symptoms but not Covid 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

Apparently also a virus around causing coughing, aches & flu like symptoms but not Covid 

It’s Covid since mid May. I had to cancel appointment due to person I was seeing having Covid. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It’s also been unseasonably cool and it’s been wet as well. 

13 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Of course yeah, everything is covid, i'd forgot.

I didn’t say that. I observed that in the current week my dentist and two friends had tested positive.

One of the friends had thought it was the coughing sore throat aches & flu. His mum had a spare in date test. Strong red line.

Had a few off work with it in my workplace too, one had it quite badly. I believe it's still notifiable and compulsory absence, is that correct?

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Had a few off work with it in my workplace too, one had it quite badly. I believe it's still notifiable and compulsory absence, is that correct?

Don't think it is either notifiable or requires compulsory absence, but you would be a bit of a dick if you risked infecting others particularly those who are vulnerable. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

Why are people still testing for Covid? if you feel like crap test for covid and it's not covid are you still going into work? 

Yes, people do. Then there's the people who are too ill to come in but still feel obliged to work from home. COVID and the adoption working from home messed with people's ability to switch off from work.