TT 2024

Andy Onchan

1 hour ago, Radiolistner said:

Does anyone even care about catching covid anymore? You can’t even find where they sell LFTs anymore to even ascertain if you have got Covid or not. A few days in bed in a worst case scenario. 

The ones in hospital might beg to differ. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

The ones in hospital might beg to differ. 

And the ones with depressed immunity due to chemotherapy etc, sometimes people just don't think how it can affect other people, never have a thought for other people just I'm alright Jack attitude

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Radiolistner said:

Does anyone even care about catching covid anymore? You can’t even find where they sell LFTs anymore to even ascertain if you have got Covid or not. A few days in bed in a worst case scenario. 

I'd say about 95% of people don't. Those who do are generally with compromised immune systems or other conditions. 

For most people it's joined the ranks of flu and stomach bugs.

My wife and I have covid for the first time neither of us are in the compromised category. We started with it last Friday. What I can tell you is this is worse than any flu I've ever had, we are basically still in bed most of the day with no energy whatsoever even getting up for the bathroom is an unwelcome effort. I am now firmly in the ranks of this is not a cold or flu it is different ! Anyway hopefully soon be on the mend !

1 hour ago, asitis said:

My wife and I have covid for the first time neither of us are in the compromised category. We started with it last Friday. What I can tell you is this is worse than any flu I've ever had, we are basically still in bed most of the day with no energy whatsoever even getting up for the bathroom is an unwelcome effort. I am now firmly in the ranks of this is not a cold or flu it is different ! Anyway hopefully soon be on the mend !

Have you had your vaccinations & booster?

1 hour ago, asitis said:

What I can tell you is this is worse than any flu I've ever had

I guess you have to have it to find out what it’s really like!
I hope you and your wife are up and back to normal soon.

3 hours ago, asitis said:

I had a mad 24hr fever plus cold in the middle of TT.  I did a covid test as one of my close colleagues is an 'at risk' and I didn't want to kill her and it was negative.  So there appears to be some other interesting ailment kicking about as well as the Covid. 

21 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

It may even have mutated again by now, could be Omicron 2 or whatever 🤷‍♂️

Latest variant is FLiRT

I think I have had it 8 times, five of those confirmed by tests back int the days when we had to do those.  

Last on week before practice week, no test but symptoms were exactly the same.

Luckily enough only one occasion where I was too ill not to work for a couple of days, every other time it’s been no worse than a heavy cold for me.

Had two jabs back when you had to have them to travel and strangely the mildest dose I have had was the one before any jabs all those years ago.

The TT forums and pages are full of people who have it.  It’s no surprise when every pub was packed for two weeks.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

Why would you ask that, Banker?  What was your point?

Perhaps: what was the point of the vaccination.