TT 2024

Andy Onchan

1 minute ago, Barlow said:
1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

Why would you ask that, Banker?  What was your point?

Perhaps: what was the point of the vaccination

Ah, right: is Banker famously a vaccine skeptic, then?

I don't want to sound all courtneyish, but I think many people are now, and perhaps for good reason. 

14 hours ago, Whiskey said:

The ones in hospital might beg to differ. 

Are there any? Most of the covid crowd seem to be the usual government skivers who now fancy another week off work after TT so they claim that they caught covid at Bushy’s. 

15 minutes ago, Banker said:

Enquiring if the vaccinations made tge symptoms better but obviously not 

Being ill, at home, is better than being seriously ill in hospital, or dead. Unless @Jarndyce had the vax and MrsJ didn’t ( or vice versa ) no one can know accurately. But trends can allow accurate conclusions to be drawn.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Banker said:

Enquiring if the vaccinations made tge symptoms better but obviously not 

How would anyone possibly know if their symptoms were better, worse or the same as they would have been in a different situation?

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Being ill, at home, is better than being seriously ill in hospital, or dead. Unless @Jarndyce had the vax and MrsJ didn’t ( or vice versa ) no one can know accurately. But trends can allow accurate conclusions to be drawn.

I have all the vaccinations upto date and certainly support them, it was a general enquiry to see if they’re effective against latest variants which IOMG are now saying is about but no testing done 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Radiolistner said:

Are there any? Most of the covid crowd seem to be the usual government skivers who now fancy another week off work after TT so they claim that they caught covid at Bushy’s. 

Yes. Lots. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2024 at 3:21 PM, thommo2010 said:

Why are people still testing for Covid? if you feel like crap test for covid and it's not covid are you still going into work? 

If you've heard that COVID is going around and you feel sick then probably best to test because you can work from home and not spread it.  I'm less likely to do that with a cold. Colds seem to have less variance in the severity of symptoms and some people get that long COVID. And people seem more bothered about catching it than they would to catch a cold.

8 minutes ago, La_Dolce_Vita said:

If you've heard that COVID is going around and you feel sick then probably best to test because you can work from home and not spread it.  I'm less likely to do that with a cold. Colds seem to have less variance in the severity of symptoms and some people get that long COVID. And people seem more bothered about catching it than they would to catch a cold.

Wouldn't you just work from home anyway if you felt like that? (assuming you have that option with your employer). 

It's the same with flu or whatever other delights are flying around. Doesn't have to be covid. Just be responsible.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Radiolistner said:

I’m not sure that is true. 

Who are the “ usual government skivers”?

Are they in any way related to the “ usual private sector skivers”?

I think we should be told.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Hairy Poppins said:

Wouldn't you just work from home anyway if you felt like that? (assuming you have that option with your employer). 

It's the same with flu or whatever other delights are flying around. Doesn't have to be covid. Just be responsible.

No, if I only had cold I'd possibly go in to work. Maybe not for a day or two.  With COVID it would be throughout the period of being positive.  Depends on where you work and what you do. It's better for me to be at work to do my job. Some things are tricky to do from home.  If it made no difference I'd definitely stay home throughout.