TT 2024

Andy Onchan

39 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Interesting:

image.thumb.png.933470cf0fd6be866c4a0ace4f5a83b3.png

It doesn't seems to have been moved to a later date on the current list as sometimes happens.

It was only 20 minutes, so, at most, directions. The logical conclusion is that the parties have agreed terms on the directions and submitted a consent order that will be granted administratively 

• Thanks 1

I just heard an interview in MR with the lady who brings TT tourists here from Australia each year.

600 in 2024 apparently block booking both The Palace and the Ramsey Park.

Planning to do the same next year with another 200 in the Sefton.

These aren’t people who come and spend no money.  They do two full weeks keeping the islands bars and restaurants busy.

Edited by Roger Ram
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Roger Ram said:

I just heard an interview in MR with the lady who brings TT tourists here from Australia each year.

These aren’t people who come and spend no money.  They do two full weeks keeping the islands bars and restaurants busy.

Go on then @Gizo I will bite.

What is funny?

3 hours ago, Roger Ram said:

When was interview so I can listen too? 

23 hours ago, Roger Ram said:

Oh yeah, a group of Aussies invaded O'Donnells this TT, very loud and self-styled comedians (yawn). Relentless.

Ah well, I suppose their dollar is as good as anyone elses

Edited by Barlow

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

Oh yeah, a group of Aussies invaded O'Donnells this TT, very loud and self-styled comedians (yawn). Relentless.

Ah well, I suppose their dollar is as good as anyone elses

I don't believe Australia has exclusive rights to "very loud and self-styled comedians", especially in pubs...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There seems to be a link to the TT influx and the subsequent spike in Covid cases, resulting in today’s news that masks must be worn in patient-facing healthcare. I suppose this is just another worthwhile inconvenience that residents must put up with. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, lethargy said:

There's a covid spike everywhere, so TT or not, it'd have reached the island. Don't put your back out with that reach.

So, 40,000+ visitors over a 2 week period would have no discernible impact on Covid infection rates amongst the resident population? 🤔 

7 hours ago, joebean said:

There seems to be a link to the TT influx and the subsequent spike in Covid cases, resulting in today’s news that masks must be worn in patient-facing healthcare. I suppose this is just another worthwhile inconvenience that residents must put up with. 

Yeah the bloody TT eh? It's got a lot to answer for, two bloody global pandemics since it started, two world wars, earthquakes, tsunamis, wild fires, countless wars, Cuban missile crisis, World Trade Centre, they're all linked.

Anyway, it won't be for long, I've heard from Soichero Honda himself that this is the last year of the TT! The government are still going to pay Nathan Harrison £5million a year to do a parade lap though.

9 hours ago, Roger Ram said:

There are cruise ships here most days since TT.  They are just as likely to be bringing COVID here as TT fans.  As are all the locals who went on holiday during TT.

Not really. Statistically far less likely.