Closure of Southern Swimming Pool

Major Rushen

Posted by the DESC minister this afternoon.

”Happy to confirm the masterplan includes a sports complex accessible to the community incorporating a swimming pool. The full report will be available on the Tynwald website from  tomorrow. It includes data obtained from the Independent  pool boards”

5 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Posted by the DESC minister this afternoon.

”Happy to confirm the masterplan includes a sports complex accessible to the community incorporating a swimming pool. The full report will be available on the Tynwald website from  tomorrow. It includes data obtained from the Independent  pool boards”

Eh? Who, what, where? 

Is this the King Bills proposal?  Or is there some hitherto unknown masterplan from our Overlords? 

13 minutes ago, asitis said:

Don't they just love this word, it proliferates everywhere there are Civil Servants it's like catnip to a feline !

There was a masterplan for the Promenade too. And a new one for the airport, only 7 months ago. Probably for Liverpool Terminal as well.

Worrying things, masterplans, in the context of IoMG anyway.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cissolt said:

I guess this answers the question about government staff NSC discounts.  Interesting they get 1-1 support programmes whatever that means!

https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/iomgovjobs/Job/JobDetail?JobId=18575&fbclid=IwAR3FwzQSsgtKejkfFdNJzlwSSK-5FavJeFCvcQWkHwPuIoxA_uqfJ4JOirwScreenshot_2024-01-16-16-38-40-56_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.0775391c32e51c16fb4727af37a70cf2.jpg

Ironic considering they all seem to be drowning. 

Maybe Moorhouse could ask for the total value of the discounts per year.

Not to mention the car parking charges.

A while ago I was wandering inside a gov, building ans saw a sign to a shower and changing room. My impression was that this was for the use of the lycra-louts who arrive at work dripping with sweat. Jumping to a conclusion as usual, I assume this is so and that the shower and changing time is part of the working day. Does anyone know the reality?

And, I recall they got money to buy a bike.

I think someone  should try to get the value of total discounts  given to the gov. workers each year.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, cissolt said:

I guess this answers the question about government staff NSC discounts.  Interesting they get 1-1 support programmes whatever that means!

https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/iomgovjobs/Job/JobDetail?JobId=18575&fbclid=IwAR3FwzQSsgtKejkfFdNJzlwSSK-5FavJeFCvcQWkHwPuIoxA_uqfJ4JOirwScreenshot_2024-01-16-16-38-40-56_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.0775391c32e51c16fb4727af37a70cf2.jpg

Someone pointed to another job ad on the other thread with the same wording and I checked a handful at the time.  It seemed to apply to most government jobs, but not the Manx Care ones.  The wording is ambiguous but I think it means that they get discounts on classes and individual lessons in the pool, gym, whatever rather than special ones just for civil servants.

• Like 1