Closure of Southern Swimming Pool

Major Rushen

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

Maybe Moorhouse could ask for the total value of the discounts per year.

Not to mention the car parking charges.

A while ago I was wandering inside a gov, building ans saw a sign to a shower and changing room. My impression was that this was for the use of the lycra-louts who arrive at work dripping with sweat. Jumping to a conclusion as usual, I assume this is so and that the shower and changing time is part of the working day. Does anyone know the reality?

And, I recall they got money to buy a bike.

I think someone  should try to get the value of total discounts  given to the gov. workers each year.

Jesus so civil servants aren't allowed to shower?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, thommo2010 said:

Well you will be glad to know the ones I work with are usually in 20 minutes early to use the showers. Is that acceptable to you or do you want them to use cold water to save on heating?

Cold showers are a great health benefit. Think positive.

12 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Well you will be glad to know the ones I work with are usually in 20 minutes early to use the showers

So you think that the taxpayer should pay for the installation and upkeep of showers, but only for gov. employees.

That's par for the course.

It's a blinkered point of view.

3 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

So you think that the taxpayer should pay for the installation and upkeep of showers, but only for gov. employees.

So by your logic civil servants should probably just be sat out in the cold as you're obviously against things like heating. 

40 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Well you will be glad to know the ones I work with are usually in 20 minutes early to use the showers. Is that acceptable to you or do you want them to use cold water to save on heating?

They leave an hour early to counteract the water heating costs

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Wait until someone tells you about the taxpayer funded toilets, you will literally lose your sh*t.

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Meoir Shee said:

Wait until someone tells you about the taxpayer funded toilets, you will literally lose your sh*t.

I don't mind that as long as the bastards don't get bog roll.

1 hour ago, piebaps said:

I don't mind that as long as the bastards don't get bog roll.

They're not bothered about that, they wipe their arses with taxpayer's tenners...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Well I’ve worked in a private company where cyclists feel they are entitled to claim the time used (or at least some part of it) to take a shower after their journey to work as  part of their working day.

God forbid anyone taking five minutes off for a smoke break could do the same.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Do you scrutinise their flexitime logs?