Closure of Southern Swimming Pool

Major Rushen

1 minute ago, CrazyDave said:

Maybe a large civil service can make somewhere the best place in the world to live?  Would there be a valid argument against that if it was managed well?

LOL well managed FFS!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, alpha-acid said:

You certainly live up to your name, should be clueless Dave in reality

How so?

Finlo is posting total crap and not backing it up, then completely failing to understand posts others are making.

How is that my issue??

17 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Maybe a large civil service can make somewhere the best place in the world to live?  Would there be a valid argument against that if it was managed well?

No, they are a massive burden both bureaucratically and financially.  The cabinet office and enterprise are prime examples, they are business blockers not enablers.  

A smaller more agile civil service, with people who have private sector experience would far outweigh the current dross we have across the many layers of management.  Just read any employment tribunal report.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

The cost of bussing kids to other schools is like an internal transfer in a big business.  It might cost DESC, but it then makes the busses more sustainable and reduces losses in DOI.

Its really not a significant consideration.

There seems to have been a rare outbreak of common sense, but this point needs an answer. Forget internal transfers between departments. In the end it's all taxpayers' money. If 750 children have to be transported regularly to the NSC and back again ad infinitum, it will involve additional supervision, admin and driver labour costs to arrange and do the work. In accordance with standard government practice, all costs will be considerable. Is there even spare capacity at the NSC? It always seems pretty busy when I'm there. I certainly wouldn't put it past them not even to have checked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cissolt said:

No, they are a massive burden both bureaucratically and financially.  The cabinet office and enterprise are prime examples, they are business blockers not enablers.  

A smaller more agile civil service, with people who have private sector experience would far outweigh the current dross we have across the many layers of management.  Just read any employment tribunal report.

I wasn’t talking about ours.  Can’t anyone on here read?

It was a question ffs.

3 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

Let’s be real here.

They haven’t done a u turn because they were wrong.  They have i turned due to public and political pressure form people looking at it with only an emotional head rather than a sensible one.

Closing Castletown pool was absolutely the right thing to do, and probably Ramsey as well.

Nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1