Closure of Southern Swimming Pool

Major Rushen

15 minutes ago, NoTail said:

What's the current position with the gas off ma7ghold? If we get drilling we might be saved. 

It does feel that it might be the only saviour of the island's finances... but at the current rate it might just about pay off the current debts and public sector pension black hole. 

ETA, back on the subject of the Southern Pool. Is there a reason it seems to be closed on a Sunday afternoon? 

I'm not an expert in people's swimming habits, but I would guess that Sunday afternoons would be a popular time to go swimming. 

Edited by Hairy Poppins
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

ETA, back on the subject of the Southern Pool. Is there a reason it seems to be closed on a Sunday afternoon? 

I'm not an expert in people's swimming habits, but I would guess that Sunday afternoons would be a popular time to go swimming. 

Fair point

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

It does feel that it might be the only saviour of the island's finances... but at the current rate it might just about pay off the current debts and public sector pension black hole. 

If the government ran a chip shop it would close for lunch!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, finlo said:

If the government ran a chip shop it would close for lunch!

More true than we could imagine. 

Fish fryers on index linked pensions, annual 6% pay rises, flexi time, electric bike racks, showers, mandatory paid sick leave and thirty days holiday p.a.

Bust in a month but Tynwald votes through a subvention to save all four jobs of £1.5m a year.

Edited by Max Power
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I think you’ll find that most, if not all, government departments are open over the lunchtime period.!!!

You're wrong, ive had the vehicle licence place get up and walk out for lunch mid transaction!

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I think you’ll find that most, if not all, government departments are open over the lunchtime period.!!!

Maybe a better analogy would be the horse trams not running on (quite a few) days when cruise ships are calling in Douglas? Especially when we're told by some quarters that the horse trams are so vital to our 'tourist offering'. 

FWIW I don't really care what happens with the horse trams, but it would be nice if they could stop losing so much money. 

17 minutes ago, Max Power said:

More true than we could imagine. 

Fish fryers on index linked pensions, annual 6% pay rises, flexi time, electric bike racks, showers, mandatory paid sick leave and thirty days holiday p.a.

Bust in a month but Tynwald votes through a subvention to save all four jobs of £1.5m a year.

And agrees to let them work from home as well...

• Haha 1