Illegal TV. Surely the island can lead the way.

CrazyDave

3 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Shall I just go and rob some stuff from M&S then?  Is that ok? Would it balance things out so I am no longer sanctimonious?

Stealing is stealing and thieves should be punished.

What are people stealing when it comes to IPTV? they still pay for it just not the extortionate amount the likes of Sky ask for.

• Like 2

Just now, CrazyDave said:

You are joking right?

FFS

No what are they actually stealing? 

Betting sites show football, horse racing dog racing that gets shown on Sky, all you have to do is set up an account and 50p in that account and you can watch the exact same stream Sky are showing. 

7 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Erm, but now they are dependant on the TV money to keep going.

The point is they should never have been allowed to become dependent on it in the first place.

The game was stolen from the working people who made it what it was, you can't be too surprised if a few of them decide to steal it back. Very trivial petty crime.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

What are people stealing when it comes to IPTV? they still pay for it just not the extortionate amount the likes of Sky ask for.

Er, well the IPTV provider isn't buying the rights and selling it on, they're reproducing the content illegally, and the consumer is then paying those criminals to be able to view it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Betting sites show football, horse racing dog racing that gets shown on Sky, all you have to do is set up an account and 50p in that account and you can watch the exact same stream Sky are showing. 

Yeah this is really bad, bet-to-watch. There were a number of FA Cup games last week that were only legally watchable in the UK if you placed a bet. Sick.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

The point is they should never have been allowed to become dependent on it in the first place.

The game was stolen from the working people who made it what it was, you can't be too surprised if a few of them decide to steal it back. Very trivial petty crime.

Sky subscriptions have been dwindling yet the money they give to the epl is more than ever. The vast amount of money comes from advertising. The whole 3pm black out which is why people use iptv is nonsense and should be scrapped then allow teams to sell their games. 

6 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Er, well the IPTV provider isn't buying the rights and selling it on, they're reproducing the content illegally, and the consumer is then paying those criminals to be able to view it.

Oh right so they are stealing rights so not really hurting anyone. 

6 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Breach of copyright I guess?

Look nobody can reasonably get through this life without stepping outside the law or doing the morally wrong thing on occasion. Look at the MP's expenses etc.etc.

You've just got to decide what you find unacceptable morally or legally and not do it.

Personally I'm happy with watching the odd football match or motorbike race without paying, even knowing the financial affect it may have on the multi-millionaire players or TV executives.

Is it right? No. Do I care? Do I fuck, and no-one on this thread has come close to persuading me why I should.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Yeah this is really bad, bet-to-watch. There were a number of FA Cup games last week that were only legally watchable in the UK if you placed a bet. Sick.

Not really.  I won £400 last weekend.  It’s all good

5 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Oh right so they are stealing rights so not really hurting anyone. 

Depends what the criminals do with that money, but not directly no. I don't have any beef with people who pay for IPTV (though I think they shouldn't), but the providers are shits.

Just now, HeliX said:

Depends what the criminals do with that money, but not directly no. I don't have any beef with people who pay for IPTV (though I think they shouldn't), but the providers are shits.

There were a couple of providers in the uk who got 10 years between them. They weren't exactly criminal masterminds dabbling in drugs or people trafficking.