Illegal TV. Surely the island can lead the way.

CrazyDave

17 minutes ago, HeliX said:

It isn't theft because nothing is being removed. If you steal something you deprive someone else of it. It's copyright infringement.

hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEhCK4FEIIDSFryq4qpAxMIARUAAAAAGAElAADIQj0AgKJD&rs=AOn4CLDCjkk2xOI_hXD0xHejy64UJQcVrQ

Are you saying they just use "Theft" because of the snazzy acronym?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

You continue paying full price for your packages if it makes you feel morally superior

You still haven’t answered where the line is?

Are you good stealing stuff from a supermarket?  Or is this the only time you blatantly steal stuff

2 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Not my decision on where the line is.

You must have your own line, because you are already the wrong side of the one set by law and which decent people abide to if you stream sport via iptv?

So the quaestion is where is your line?  You are happy stealing content, so which other laws of the land do you blatantly disregard?

Edited by CrazyDave

4 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

You must have your own line, because you are already the wrong side of the one set by law if you stream sport via iptv?

So the quaestion is where is your line?  You are happy stealing content, so which other laws of the land do you blatantly disregard?

Where did I say I have IPTV? 

You're making assumptions. 

I'm not sure why you're so bothered. Do you work for Sky and missing out on bonuses or something?

I'm fairly comfortable in life but there was a time when I was younger when I had no money for a few weeks and I had to steal some food from a local supermarket. Not proud of it but the alternative was die.

Edited by thommo2010
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I'm fairly comfortable in life but there was a time when I was younger when I had no money for a few weeks and I had to steal some food from a local supermarket. Not proud of it but the alternative was die.

You meant "diet", right? 

6 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

In the Uk you are.  This thread was about why doesn’t the island lead the way in this area.  We are a small jurisdiction and a few easy to bring prosecutions would soon stop the other thieves taking the risk.

Technically anyone can go to prison for up to ten years.  In reality they focus more on the content providers at the moment but that is likely to shift.

Don't kid yourself into thinking you aren’t breaking laws if you stream in the Uk though

Digital economy act 2017

I can thing of plenty more we would be MUCH better suited to take the lead on than being as petty and wasting time and resources on what is realistically a petty 'crime'!
We already stoop pretty low when it comes to prioritisation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

Who is saying that?  I am saying it’s an area the island can easily be seen to be at the front of.

Why claim to be a great place to do e commerce etc but can even make sure people aren’t illegally streaming stuff when the whoppers who sell the boxes openly advertise on Facebook.

I suspect even our fairly dumb politicians might just realise that in terms of public support, making an expensive effort to stop locals having fun for the benefit of making a few very rich people in distant countries very marginally richer, isn't a great vote-winner.  Nor is "Come to Sneak Central" necessarily the best way to attract the new residents they seem so keen on.

Still if they have to crack down on broadcasting-related failings, I suppose they could start on those advocating not paying the Licence Fee.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1