Venue Closing Next Week!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad they are open for the saturday i go out for my birthday but not much else really, Yeah hopefully more people will go to Breeze now and listen to some proper music.

Just wondering, can we get tickets to the demolising of the Venue? heh

I've not been told anything officially, but just in case this rumour is true both myself and Alan Stacey will be playing in the cooler room this Saturday night.

It'd be a real shame if it does close. Alan and I've really enjoyed working there for the last few years. Let's hope the place is packed so that if it is goodbye, we go out with a bang.

The three times I've played at The Venue I've had a right hoot. Always been a privilege, an education and a pleasure to work with Peter, Mark and the lads backstage. It'd be a shame if the rumours of its closure were true.

Huh? Thought the planning had been refused?

The planning had been refused on the grounds that it would be of a social dis-benefeit to the people of th Isle of Man. David Cretney stepped in and put this point forward along with a few other local musicians etc.

I'm sure if they did close it then this would no longer be the case as the venue would be of no benefeit standing or demolished.

Wouldn't put it past them to put a few holes in the roof or accidentally burn it so it has to go. Another Majestic case.

Who the f*ck is buying all these battery hen apartments, is there the need for them?

"Set in a central location close to all the nightclub and bar" is what will be in their brochures soon!

Archived