Venue Closing Next Week!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fao : the Kitty and Girl89

why don't you two approach the Venue and tell them you'd be interested in organsing a U18 night before it closes? I know there's not a great deal of time left and they may be already booked up with other things until they close - if you don't ask, you don't get.

Kitty, i got told about the venue by my mate Phil, who, along with me & a load of others, organise Funktonic . The Venue approached Phil and asked about doing a Funktonic next friday and we're happy to be involved. I'm supposed to be moving flat that weekend, but will be popping down the venue for a few hours for a couple of scoops and to play some tunes and say good bye to the place.

I'll be sad to see it go... :(

Although I've not been in it since it became the Venue, I still think it's a great shame that an area which has such a long history of being an entertainment centre should be given over to apartments - especially with the severe dearth of entertainment in Douglas now. Even if it wasn't possible to keep it as a club, it would have made a great site for a multiscreen cinema or something similar. It just seems to be another sign that Douglas, as a tourist destination, is gradually closing it's doors.

C now do you believe me?? lets hope the Venue is busy on the friday too. People only seem to miss things once they are gone i.e. Jimmy B's etc

I think the Venue is the best night club the island has ever seen and if people would have supported it abit more i.e. not just busy one night a week it may have stayed open longer? The club has hosted several massive dance nights but now unfortunately there is likely to be none as no offence to Breeze but they will never be able to host the big names due to size of the club, sound system and the general punter is unlikely to want to pay £15 to see Judge Jules at Breeze even if the club could attract that sort of DJ?

Lets hope Clive & Peter from The Venue are busy looking for another property to replace The Venue, even if they managed to find somewhere the government might even reject their bid as the government dont seem to like clubs opening over here and they wonder why so many locals leave the island!!

I hope everyone who has ever been the club should turn up next week and have a queue a mile long just like it was when the club first opened. Hopefully the last night will be a belter and show the Venue management passed & present all of their efforts have been appreciated. I know I will be there both next friday and saturday. I think its a damm shame a club like this will now be something that you will tell your children about....

Archived