Venue Closing Next Week!

The thing that really pizzas me off is that I just spent £700 on a CDJ-1000 to use in there.  That'll learn me.

No Stephenb that'll teach you...

Bring back the columbus, love boat and dodgems, if your not old enough to know about them, well you missed out...

Its a shame the place is closing, although the last few times I went there (other than stone roses tribute and one or two other nights) I fooking hated it - CHAV feckin central - I was always looking over my shoulder in fear of flying ham-baps

The saddest thing about the closure of that place is if its turned into apartments, Douglas Promenade will loose another of its original buildings, wont be long before everything that is/was Douglas is replaced with generic functional newness... bah

Edited to add just because I hated the venue does not mean I hate the DJ's that played there - fooking ace most of them!

PS Someone tell Mr & Mrs Stacey belated Congratulations from karen

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Breeze not chav? is colours and paramount not full of old men and sh*t music? every club has there own problems over here. I have had bad nights in The Venue too, but even when I have had a bad night its been much better than when I have been elsewhere. But I feel its not as much the place your in, its the people your with! No sorry I aint management from Venue or the owner.

Is Breeze not chav? is colours and paramount not full of old men and sh*t music? every club has there own problems over here. 

Yes hence the reason I avoided them all like the plague mate...

My point was the Venue attracted knobbers/Chavs/gobby little w@nkers like flies to sh*t (IMHO) I dont think there was a night that I went in there that some little 'well 'ard' person didn't end up thrown out for fighting...

Im not saying that all people who went in there are w@ankers, just that it attracted loads of them - if thats your cup of tea GFOMK..... unlucky! :P

So does anyone know what is going to happen to the Venue after it closes?

I think i heard before that it is to be Flats!

More Bloody flats, thats all we need. Why dont they concentrate on doing something for under age thugs. They patrol the prom evry night.

I caught 5 of them leaning against my car the other night.

I couldnt say anything cause i was 3 floors up, by the time i got down to them they would have damaged my car and ran off :(

I really dont know what you all seem to find so appealing about breeze, everytime i go there its absolutley xxxxx!! its too small to ever hold a decent dance nite and the bouncers there are all xxxxxxs on a power trip. Bring back the villa

The villa moment has gone and never to happen again as one remebers it. I will speak about the "villa do's" to my children as my parents spoke to me about the palace ballroom.

All fantastic memories and the best times i ever had out in the island in the clubbing sense.

The venue never really did it for me. i always missed the revolving cages at the back. Oh the feeling you got when you managed to get the cage over the top!

Those "that did" know what im on about.

If I can just add my two pence worth... Yes, its sad to see the Venue go - heartbreaking for Peter and his team who have tried to satisfy the Islands entertainment needs - and to a large extent - succeeded.

Lets hope that as this door closes, another will open. However, just driving around Douglas today, all the places that could have been used as 'Venues' have all gone.

The Regal, Picture House, Royalty, Palais D' Dance [Liptons], MGM, Palace Ballroom and the Major Minor Disco, The Cave and of course - Summerland - what a lost opportunity that was!

There are just no large Venues left any more - even the concert room in the Central has gone. What is wrong with the Isle of Man?

There once was a time when you couldn't even get change of use on a Hotel in Douglas to allow long term lets in the winter. Now it seems Douglas Promenade is becoming row upon row of boring flats - many of which are already looking tatty.

When I was a teenager [sigh] there were two weekly under 18 nights running catering for around 500 kids, 3 large Cinemas, the Rendezvous Cafe, MGM, Major Minor, Hawaiian Bar and Summerland Discos. And, there was the Palace Ballroom, the Villa and Summerland.

Now what do we have? Err - Colours, Breeze, Havana and Paramount. Rumour has it that one of those is soon to be demolished to make room for - you guessed - flats! Don't know about anyone else - hate it or love it - the loss of the Venue is a sad, sad day.

And yes, I am old enough to have been in the Crescent as a Cinema, a skateboard park and a Night Club...

Archived