Venue Closing Next Week!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bet Breeze are laughing their tits off, they're gonna end up turning people away at the door, they're the only club on the prom that will accept under 21's!

Glad i'm going back to uni, don't wanna be around when the Venue crowd invade all of the other clubs...i sense friction between the regulars of breeze and colours and the Venue clientele. Hopefully somewhere new will have opened by the time i get back, dont fancy spending new year in a severely crowded breeze!

any bigger video files? or they gonna be stuck on the website? be good to have the last set stuck onto mp3 and put on the website

Cheers

I've got an hour of video footage from Saturday 2 weeks ago, and 2 hours from last Friday. None of the final night though. The sound's not great on any of them though. Alan and I have plenty of mixed cds if you make yourself known.

The manx net homepages I'm using to host these don't like big files, but hopefully here's another of Funktonic in the main room:

Main room

Thanks for the offer of mix cd's but would prefer to have a copy of the night if that would be possible??

Sorry to disagree with you busby but none of the DJ's you have had are no where near as big as the DJ's The Venue had:- Judge Jules, Seb Fontaine, Yousef, Lottie, Fergie, Danny Rampling and Dave Pearce whom all where Radio 1 DJ's when they played the club. Then we have the likes of Eddie Halliwell, Sonique, Brandon Block, Alex P, Farley Jack Master Funk etc the list goes on! But well done on your efforts so far.

lets hope the manx dance scene doesnt go down hill from here. Be good if somebody starts a dance night in Breeze on a Saturday night, I think thats been the main problem why dance nights havent worked so well on Friday nights as most people prefer to go out on a saturday night? If someone does start one please dont play Cheeze!!

Judge Jules, Fergie, Dave Pearce?

not exactly the creme tho eh? Medicine8 were the best act i've seen at the venue, not to mention Altern8, Shades of Rythmn, and, erm, Electrofresh.

lets hope the manx dance scene doesnt go down hill from here.  Be good if somebody starts a dance night in Breeze on a Saturday night, I think thats been the main problem why dance nights havent worked so well on Friday nights as most people prefer to go out on a saturday night? If someone does start one please dont play Cheeze!!

Exactly, cheese, bland trance and the constant regurgitation of "classics" is the reason the manx scene is in the state its in. The classic "don't like change fella" manx attitude, Promoters unwilling to try anything new because, well it worked before, DJ's playing what the promoters want them to play, otherwise they'll get no gigs.

There's been no big parties this summer, not a good sign for manx dance scene, variety is the spice of life, we need some over here, and support for it.

If Full on fridays stay on Fridays playing trance, it would be a good idea for someone to host a night of Funky house and breaks! just something different, maybe thats exactly what scene has been missing? be good if they used chill, main room and the "alley" and put a proper soundsystem in! at least for once Breeze maybe able to be abit more choosy with their clientele now that the Venue has finally closed its doors? I dont mind the classics that much but how are we supposed to have new classics? Breeze has got a really good chance of taking the majority of punters now lets hope they stay innovative and do something different instead of staying with the tried and tested methods? make the IOM good again!

I do agree that there is now no where else to have dance nights and UK DJs over, the other clubs simply aint big enough

Full-on! have done it - and will continue to do - as long as we are supported!

In case you have forgotten - look here...

I know but you havent had anyone like Lisa Lashes or Judge Jules

someone to host a night of Funky house and breaks! just something different, maybe thats exactly what scene has been missing? be good if they used chill, main room and the "alley" and put a proper soundsystem in! at least for once Breeze maybe able to be abit more choosy with their clientele

Mmm.....where have you been the last two years <_< Funktonic did exactly that, main room funky/electro house, beatfix (breaks) in the alley and Chill for that ambient chilled out feel. Latterly this progressed to Beatfix in the main room and funky house upstairs losing the ambient genre. The management i heard, fell foul of being able to maintain the standard required by the promoter and so it evolves and moves on as every good night should or it becomes stale.

There is definitely room for more on the Island we all know it, but when you're not aware of what has been put in front of you in recent months (unless new to the island, if so I apologise), what hope do promoters have, if homegrown talent and events are'nt given the attention and support they truly deserve?

It's an age old debate that mutates and mutates but fails to rise from the ashes :( I think the next dance event/night should be called RESURECTION so we can revive and re-unite good things/people lost, but in the main, put faith in and rejoice in ALL that's new... here endeth the lesson.... ;)

QUOTE(the_kitty @ Sep 19 2005, 10:45 PM)

I know but you havent had anyone like Lisa Lashes or Judge Jules

yeah, cos they're like, so unbelievably ace.

People have heard of them though, i wouldn't know if they are brilliant or xxxxx i don't know a remix from batter mix but they must be doing something right to be household names!

Stop the elitism, just because people play to what the people want doesn't mean they're crap. I've seen it too often over here and across when a DJ seems to think they're playing manumission or creamfields and that the people are in the club to see them and hear their set. On a normal night they aren't, they are there to enjoy a night out, get pissed, meet up with friends and listen to good music.

So many DJ's are playlisted over here because if they weren't the majority of people just wouldn't "get" the stuff that was being played. Unfortunately the majority are the ones who pay the bills. Thats why the venue was pretty good, it had the cheese for the majority in the main room and the dance stuff in the cooler.

Archived