Venue Closing Next Week!

Sorry to disagree with you busby but none of the DJ's you have had are no where near as big as the DJ's The Venue had:- Judge Jules, Seb Fontaine, Yousef, Lottie, Fergie, Danny Rampling and Dave Pearce whom all where Radio 1 DJ's when they played the club.  Then we have the likes of Eddie Halliwell, Sonique, Brandon Block, Alex P, Farley Jack Master Funk etc the list goes on! But well done on your efforts so far.

Anthony Pappa, Adam Sheridan, Agnelli & Nelson, Dave Seaman, Guy Ornadel, Graham Gold, Ian Ossia, JFK, Les Hemstock, Matt Darey, Matt Hardwick, Nick Rafferty, Nick Warren, Paul Masterton, Slacker. All well known names in the clubbing world.

We always book DJ's because of their music credencials and what would work with our music policy. it's all very well getting the big commercial names over but you will find yourself attracting a crowd not even remotely interested in the music and the real clubbers stay away.

To even let a tale out of the bag, we turned down Eddie Halliwell the week before he was due to feature in mixmag for the first time, that was way before the hype about him came around. The music he was playing then just wasn't what we were playing at the time. different story now though! never mind.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was on about funktonic! we need something similar to that, might even be a good idea to have 4 different promoters each holding one saturday night a month therefore it might make things abit more interesting? plus give new up and coming DJ's a chance?

DJ's which have been brought over to play full on fridays are known DJ's I agree but not in the same pedigree as some of the DJ's who have played The Venue

Theres a place in Chester called RB's, which is 3 floors!

First floor is an 80's bar, I think this is brill! Love it there, as I love the 80's.

Second floor is a mix of pop and dance, depending on what the crowd are asking for. Sometimes they do, a few hours of pop then the rest is dance.

Third floor is R and B and some times dance, as again depending on the crowd.

That place is unreal, its brilliant, packed every weekend, even when students aren't there.

We need something like that in the IOM, everything under one roof, what more can you ask for!!!

even if someone did open a nightclub, they couldnt just survive on a busy saturday night. Things have changed over the last couple of years, most people only go out once a week and it isnt really financially worth while just to open just on saturdays. Things are different in the UK, people go out alot more often especially with students at uni etc. Who knows it may even bebefit the clubs as they could be more choosy who they let in? only time will tell...

Isn't it strange that as soon as a "venue" closes everyone rants and raves about the loss of it and what we are gonna do now.

The Venue closing yes i personally agree it is very sad for the Isle Of Man, dance, bands anything to do with music or entertainment.

Just reading through this thred how the majority are now going on about where there could possibly be other dance nights held etc etc.

My point why did you not support the dance events that where held there in the first place. For example Funktonic last Fri. 150 people in a 1200 capacity club doesn't show much support in my opinion. That also goes for various other nights, Fergie, Yousef, Pearce, Sonique etc etc.

Maybe if the Venue was supported all the time there would have been no reason to sell in the first place and we would have all been happy.

Just a thought !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think a lot of people are worried about the effects of other clubs now this has gone. 4 years ago the venue wasn't here and there was just as many nightclubs in Douglas as there is now. The cave had closed when the venue opened and it was just Studebakers, Colours, Paramount and the outback as it is now.

The only difference is now there are more of the gold neck chain hanging on outside of stripey jumper brigade :lol:

Archived