Venue Closing Next Week!

Haha, feelin the bite of middle age mrs bees?

...Dunno bout her but I certainly am!!

genres have been about for ageeees - seems some people just like to make sure music is defined and placed into its special box... this is something that has amazed me for years - for me I hear a tune, I either like it or don't.... I certainly dont discount the rest of the music in that style because that one tune sucked... Unless its ruthless dance tunes with animals singing in it!!!

As for the top 40 - it was ace back in the 80's when you used to record your own compilation tapes to listen to, now its a pile of cack...

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whatever happened to hard house  :(

It's slowly disappearing up its own backside due to its "check it out, i can make a tune in 5 minutes" nature.

Most record web shops are full of pages and pages of crap house tunes, that seems to be where the "tune in 5 minutes" nature is.

Take juno for instance... at least 200 tunes a week in the house section and most of them crap bootlegs. Most of the time only about 5 tunes worth bothering about. The HH or trance sections have a lot less but are from names and record labels that you would trust to be good if your into that style.

Hard House remains where it was, not over or under exposed and enjoyed by millions the world over. There's a market for everything, Just because breaks, Hard house, techno and leftfield stuff hasn't been commercially exposed by endless Hed Kandi cd's etc (they're up to 51 already!) doesn't mean they are any less popular. Hed Kandi are showing cracks now over it, big fall out cos the founder isn't happy with the commercial director and all the over exposure the name is having.

I was sad to hear of the Venue closing its doors. It was a great venue for bands and I always preferred to go to the Venue when I went on a night out round Douglas, it's one of the few clubs that you could go to and you wouldn't feel like you're in a bloody sardine tin. I liked the music they played in there on a Saturday night - dance music is not my cup of tea at all. And with the absence of a rock club on the Island, it looks like it'll be the Outback or Colours from now on.

I've had some fantastic nights in the Venue, hopefully it won't be long before something else is sorted. If I hear of one more block of flats going up on the prom I'm gonna scream! Surely they should sell the one's they've built first?!

Whatever happened to hard house  :(

It's slowly disappearing up its own backside due to its "check it out, i can make a tune in 5 minutes" nature.

Most record web shops are full of pages and pages of crap house tunes, that seems to be where the "tune in 5 minutes" nature is.

Take juno for instance... at least 200 tunes a week in the house section and most of them crap bootlegs. Most of the time only about 5 tunes worth bothering about. The HH or trance sections have a lot less but are from names and record labels that you would trust to be good if your into that style.

Hard House remains where it was, not over or under exposed and enjoyed by millions the world over. There's a market for everything, Just because breaks, Hard house, techno and leftfield stuff hasn't been commercially exposed by endless Hed Kandi cd's etc (they're up to 51 already!) doesn't mean they are any less popular. Hed Kandi are showing cracks now over it, big fall out cos the founder isn't happy with the commercial director and all the over exposure the name is having.

:D hard house is great and i dont see Hed Crappy having a full weekend of clubbing at a holiday camp like Tidy do, Tidy has a much bigger following than Hed Crappy

I have checked web to see if it says anywhere roughly how many record sales it takes to make top 40 and cant find anything!!

I personally dont like hard house & Hed Kandi stuff and think some of the production that has went into produce some of their tracks is pretty lame BUT that can also be found in every genre of dance music.

However most of the biggest tunes in Ibiza over the last 10 years have been very easily made i.e. Stardust - Music sounds better with you, Modjo - Lady, Gadjo - So Many Times. They are contantly looping riffs but sometimes less is more! The more work that goes into a track usually doesnt sound as good but obviously that depends upon the producer.

As for Hed Kandi & Tidy, they are producing music which they like and clubbers like so good luck to them, everybody likes different types of music. Most of the tracks which can be found in Top 40 are pretty basic songs but people like it so they buy it.

just wondering if anyone knows whos got the old court house on athol street, the one with the big white pillars outside?? that would make an amazing club its got 2 or three floors and its huge! they could have the night clubs upstairs and a day bar downstairs. would also bring more business to that side of town and places such as vibe could re-open!

I have checked web to see if it says anywhere roughly how many record sales it takes to make top 40 and cant find anything!!

The Google is weak in this one.

In 2003 a typical chart-topper sold around 62,000 per week. Sales of approx 13,000 would make the top 10 and singles made the Top 40 by selling just over 2,000 copies.

http://www.everyhit.com/faqs.html

No doubt it was a baseless rumour, but I did hear that either the Venue, or someone else wanted to relocate or start a new nightclub there. But it was rejected as it would create too much noise near a residential area.

I found it a little strange given the proximity to the Outback!

Archived