Pushing the limits

CrazyDave

Absolutely part of my cunning plan for the Snaefell Gravity Park Slinky. I’m planning to make a video about it in a couple of months. However, based on most previous comments there’s clearly no point in ever doing anything in the Isle of Man as everyone tasked is allegedly inept or corrupt. No wonder we’ve so few entrepreneurs in government.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Absolutely part of my cunning plan for the Snaefell Gravity Park Slinky. I’m planning to make a video about it in a couple of months. However, based on most previous comments there’s clearly no point in ever doing anything in the Isle of Man as everyone tasked is allegedly inept or corrupt. No wonder we’ve so few entrepreneurs in government.

Just mention it's eco-friendly and it will be waved through.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

Not sure they'll cancel the trams. They're a literal runaway success story. 

They've rebuilt the one that crashed so it's now got a metal roll cage inside.

The trams, albeit replaced with a modern one will be the uplift. No need to cancel them.

2 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

The trams, albeit replaced with a modern one will be the uplift. No need to cancel them.

Erm, its on the most closed road / hill on the island probably 6 weeks fully open per annum, it's a shit idea, you can ride a mountain bike up any hill and down it without having to mix it with a load of old paedos on a tram nor have to visit Laxey.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

I don't want entrepreneurs in Government thanks.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Twitch said:

I don't want entrepreneurs in Government thanks.

Why not?  Why would we want a government where nobody is ever prepared to be bold or take a risk?

We would end up living in a dull backwater where nothing ever actually gets achieved .  Oh, wait

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Taking a risk means that at time there are failures - probably more failures than successes.

Who bears the cost of the failures?

An entrepreneur conceives a great plan. He persuades people to invest in the great plan. Eventually the great plan fails and the investors lose their money, but in the meantime the entrepreneur has taken a salary.

So the next great plan is conceived. This time it is a success. The entrepeneur not only takes a salary but also a large percentage of the profits.

An entrepreneur is someone who takes none of the losses but a large part of the profits.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

... the Isle of Man as everyone tasked is allegedly inept or corrupt.

You're right and there's an awful lot of evidence to support that.

Vision 9 and a public servant offered 5%. £300k squandered on a World TT series. £225k+ lost on a dodgy clothing supplier. £100M on a terminal in Liverpool. An abortion of a job on Douglas Promenade. £700k+ on the Cabbage. Fairy houses. £500M on a power station that we're all feeling the effects of. £100k on a boat and equipment that we can't use at the airport.

I'm sure that others can add more.

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

I see £70k per year doesn't seem to buy much resilience. 

Perhaps if you'd achieved something, like anything, in the two and a half years since you've been elected, then they might be slightly less cynical.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1