Disabled parking abuse?

Max Power

12 hours ago, HiVibes said:

Surely if the passenger is disabled then the fact that the driver does not have to leave them for too long is hardly an abuse, they would tie up the disabled bay for longer if they took the passenger, as it is most likely the driver is popping into town to run errands for the disabled person or pick up meds, possibly an emergency. it's a bit weird to even think that people go out of their way to pick up disabled relatives and load them into a car just to park a few minutes closer to a shop.

It's against the conditions of holding the blue badge and to free up space for those who need it. 

This really is a vile site frequented by some total bellends sometimes.  There are some sensible and pleasant poster, but then there are people like teapot and some others.

It’s a thread about disabled parking.  I commented that when I was required to use a blue badge I never had an issue with parking.

A couple of idiots then make jokes about me abusing the blue badge.

I point out it was so I could bring a little bit of  pleasure into my mums last few months while she died a horrible death.

Absolute bellends then take the piss out of that.

Charming.  I hope you all have lovely lives where you never have to watch someone suffer like I did.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CrazyDave said:

This really is a vile site frequented by some total bellends sometimes.  There are some sensible and pleasant poster, but then there are people like teapot and some others.

It’s a thread about disabled parking.  I commented that when I was required to use a blue badge I never had an issue with parking.

A couple of idiots then make jokes about me abusing the blue badge.

I point out it was so I could bring a little bit of  pleasure into my mums last few months while she died a horrible death.

Absolute bellends then take the piss out of that.

Charming.  I hope you all have lovely lives where you never have to watch someone suffer like I did.

Don't worry Dave, it's all some of them have in their lives, anonymously bitching about some anonymous person who may have had a variety of experiences. 

10 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Tears.

That is you best post for some time, and it doesn’t even make any sense.

What is you contribution to the thread?  What is your educated and informed opinion on the topic being discussed?

Have you had any real world experience of using a blue badge that can add to the chat?

Thanks in advance for you usual well informed, well reasoned and well written contribution.

11 minutes ago, display name said:

As long as she wasn't getting any benefits or a free TV licence subsidised by anyone else

No she wasn’t, other than health care which I suppose could be classed as free even if she and Dad had paid into the system for many decades.

You can still pay for a TV license after you qualify by age if you aren’t a sponger, if that is what you are getting at?

Tosser

Edited by CrazyDave
  • Confused 1

Just now, CrazyDave said:

No she wasn’t, other than health care which I suppose could be classed as free even if she and Dad had paid into the system for many decades.

You can still pay for a TV license after you qualify by age if you aren’t a sponged, if that is what you are getting at?

Tosser

Personally,I couldn't care less. But there are some on here have mentioned the foibles and nuisance that old people can be and must shudder at the thought of subsidising them through paid taxes.

• Sad 1