Weather

Lilly

It seems an expense to sail the vessel for the last hours around in the sea off Wales. I don't intend any sarcasm because I don't know enough about these things, but seems strange we have bought a vessel which can't stay in the harbour in extreme weather. The Ben never had to do this as far as I am aware. Just seems to be an unnecessary way of eating into the bottom line if these type of storms become more frequent. !

9 minutes ago, asitis said:

It seems an expense to sail the vessel for the last hours around in the sea off Wales. I don't intend any sarcasm because I don't know enough about these things, but seems strange we have bought a vessel which can't stay in the harbour in extreme weather. The Ben never had to do this as far as I am aware. Just seems to be an unnecessary way of eating into the bottom line if these type of storms become more frequent. !

It will once the extension to the KE VIII pier is complete though I believe. Begs the question why that wasn't done before she arrived, that's one for DOI.

Incidentally, numerous other ferries were off their berths last night in Belfast and Dublin so not just us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Anyone know a good roofer who can do metalwork? Kind of serious about this, as it’s hard to find any contractors for this type of work or it would have been done already. 

IMG_9599.jpeg

IMG_9597.jpeg

31 minutes ago, asitis said:

As I understand it, it's generally safer for large vessels to be anchored out at sea during severe storms than be in port - nothing to crash into. Or it's at least safer to stay out than it is to try and land.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Anyone know a good roofer who can do metalwork? Kind of serious about this, as it’s hard to find any contractors for this type of work or it would have been done already. 

IMG_9599.jpeg

IMG_9597.jpeg

Replacing that metal would surely be the most expensive option. It's hardly suprising you can't find anyone here to do it, as no one in their right mind would chose metal as a roof covering nowadays. 

Can't you just tile it, or use some other common roofing materials? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Replacing that metal would surely be the most expensive option. It's hardly suprising you can't find anyone here to do it, as no one in their right mind would chose metal as a roof covering nowadays. 

Can't you just tile it, or use some other common roofing materials? 

Except for those that do, lots of commercial buildings have metal roofs as do a fair number of residential ones.

3 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Don’t think planning would be delighted if we slapped something not fitting the area on it. 

Didn't seem to bother them with anything else that's gone on the prom.  

Does it need to match the cracked asphalt, rusted railings or weed verge?

• Haha 11