Weather

Lilly

It's not sarcasm no.

There is nothing unusual about the weather we are having, and when the weather people count it up and issue their reports they will say things like 'average rainfall for that time of year' or 'above average number of storm days' or 'january was 0.1 degree colder than the 5 year average' because it is all totally normal.

I work outside a lot. I wish it was May.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Anyway, for those interested in why it is currently so stormy here, it is because of how cold it is in the central United States. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

But why is it so cold in the central United States?

Because it's so stormy here. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:
16 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Anyway, for those interested in why it is currently so stormy here, it is because of how cold it is in the central United States. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

Because it's so stormy here

💐👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏💐👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏💐

10 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

There was something on the tv about another El Nino building up a few days ago, it was connected with the extreme cold in the US.

39 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

Because its so hot in the deserts.

27 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

There was something on the tv about another El Nino building up a few days ago, it was connected with the extreme cold in the US.

Yeah its an El Nino year. Generally means warmer, wetter, windier start to the winter and colder drier end.

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

My in depth meteorological knowledge would concur its been windy as fuck this winter. 

You're right though, there have been very few gaps between the storms like normal. It's just been more or less constant. 

Yes, but is this year just 'one off' or will it genuinely become more and more likely that we'll get this each year (and maybe worse)? 

I have a degree in the sciences and what's being said does make sense, in that the average temperature is increasing and with that you're going to get more powerful storms.

I'm still not sure it's that much worse if you look at the average number/strength of storms over the last few years compared to 20/30 years ago.

When I was a Kid, we felt that, ''long hot summers'' were the norm, 70 years later the winter storms ''feel'' to be new ! Irrespective of Meteorological data, what we plebs will judge the situation to be is,   our 'Feeling'?  Yes?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Because its so hot in the deserts.

Yeah its an El Nino year. Generally means warmer, wetter, windier start to the winter and colder drier end.

You also have the Indian Ocean dipole effecting things.

Doesn't seem to have been an exceptionally windy winter, the more unusual thing to me was the predominant wind direction in the autumn 

Edited by ellanvannin2010

9 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

You also have the Indian Ocean dipole affecting things.

Doesn't seem to have been an exceptionally windy winter, the more unusual thing to me was the predominant wind direction in the autumn 

Yeah the easterlies were odd.

We don't need to worry about the ...''Indian Ocean dipole''... S N Modi will sort all of that out for us, it's all because of those Moslems, Sikhs, Kashmir,  Pakistanis' and Afghans and western interference. There's nothing to see here!!!

At what point do we side line a 'democratically' elected 'bugger'???

Oops, have I got the wrong thread here???