BBC Bias

La Colombe

Ok, one would expect any serving Westminster government to try to game the system as much as possible in their favour, but as the Conservatives are clearly ramping up the bias rhetoric in what seems to be an obvious culture war tactic for the imminent general election, Alan Rusbridger's Gibbgate enquiries are taking on a timely and bizarre relevance. Perhaps you've been following it. Our national broadcaster needs to be under the spotlight. Smirk. And shake heads.  

2 hours ago, La Colombe said:

Ok, one would expect any serving Westminster government to try to game the system as much as possible in their favour, but as the Conservatives are clearly ramping up the bias rhetoric in what seems to be an obvious culture war tactic for the imminent general election, Alan Rusbridger's Gibbgate enquiries are taking on a timely and bizarre relevance. Perhaps you've been following it. Our national broadcaster needs to be under the spotlight. Smirk. And shake heads.  

Manx Radio is our national broadcaster (or so they claim). 

I, for one, am shocked to learn that a BBC Director formerly helped to produce a show with Andrew Neil. The horror!

Further, I am shocked to learn that the same Andrew Neil supported the appointment of Shamir Shah as BBC Chair who - you will not believe - received a letter about the BBC Director! Terrible! Can you believe it? Samir Shah allegedly received a LETTER! RECEIVED A LETTER! 

40 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

Manx Radio is our national broadcaster (or so they claim). 

Technically correct, of course, although we are made to pay for a television licence by the UK BBC even if we don't want to watch it, so having taken our money we are entitled to an opinion of their broadcasting.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Josem said:

I, for one, am shocked to learn that a BBC Director formerly helped to produce a show with Andrew Neil. The horror!

Further, I am shocked to learn that the same Andrew Neil supported the appointment of Shamir Shah as BBC Chair who - you will not believe - received a letter about the BBC Director! Terrible! Can you believe it? Samir Shah allegedly received a LETTER! RECEIVED A LETTER! 

Yes it's terrible.... Royal Mail actually honouring their USO mandate by delivering a letter, whatever next?