Ramsey Commisioners land grab

HelmutX

8 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Oh, so we'll close the site on Sundays which is largely the day that a lot of people will take stuff there. Marvellous.

Probably based on Sunday overtime rates payable to the staff.

• Like 1

There may be a bit of a problem being created because of this. The weekend people will all go on a Saturday. The extra user traffic will be one thing, but certainly the skips will get filled up during the day. When this happens they then have to shut down part of the area while the skips are swapped. That takes a fair amount of time. It happened a couple of weeks ago, and the queue was out onto the Bride Road.

Keeping labour costs down is sensible. How much are the managers paid? Don't know - no accounts.

On 2/28/2024 at 12:58 AM, Kopek said:

...because by using a voucher or a discount people would hand over less that they normally would. I don't whether RTC or the CoC would make up the difference to the retailer but I suspect not????

The benefit has to come from extra spending and probably, from outside Ramsey!

Well, I'd like to have a Fri or Sat night in Ramsey, BUT the buses don't run down Lezayre Road after 8pm..... only up thru Andreas and Jurby.... what the...?.. so, that's less I'll spend in Ramsey.

Good opportunity to lose a post permanently in the Town Hall then.

Surrounding circumstances;

Boundary extension failed.

Milntown Farm build planning knocked back.

Royal Park extension planning in abeyance.

NCAS hours/management now a mess.

RTC 22/23 accounts still apparently not available?

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

The boundary episode was apparently started in Peter Whiteway's time. I think there was some reason that once the process was started it had to be concluded.

And did Cowin spit the dummy because empire building was nipped in the bud?

9 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

The boundary episode was apparently started in Peter Whiteway's time. I think there was some reason that once the process was started it had to be concluded.

Yes, it long pre-dates Mr Cowin's tenure. Another of Mr Whiteway's flawed revenue-empire calls.