Ramsey Bakery

Hairy Poppins

9 minutes ago, display name said:

To be fair,he's never been abusive to me. If he has,they're only words.  He wants to try getting banned for "sassing" a moderator.  "Sassing" for crying out loud,made it sound like something from a 50s themed gay musical

He’s never been abusive to me. ( Actually thinking about it he has, but water of a ducks back etc).

It’s just the manner he conducts himself on here. It’s not conducive to a fair exchange of views which surely is what this forum should be about. OK disagree with someone, have a bit of banter, take it as far as you can maybe, but don’t cross the line.

He has shown he can’t learn.

( and this is from one who got sanctioned for a minor disagreement with another member from a previous moderator , the one who is an expert in every field)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, finlo said:

Call it as you will but you won't be finding the local products that were in Shoprite in Tesco.

That is a shame, but perhaps an outlet through a major retailer isn’t the best route to market anyway.  There are some great local products, Dragon sausages for one. But if they don't meet the standards then they can only go through retailers whose standards aren't so high.  I am happy to buy sausages,  for example, that aren't prepacked from a local bucher.  I would not be so happy buying them through a large retailer when they are poorly packed as they will not have the same 'eye for detail' of their stock relying on the standards they require to quality assure. 

That is not calling it as I will, but recognising the possible reasons. 

5 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

( and this is from one who got sanctioned for a minor disagreement with another member from a previous moderator , the one who is an expert in every field)

There's many things outstanding in a field. Most of them of a similar colour and smell.

21 minutes ago, Gladys said:

That is a shame, but perhaps an outlet through a major retailer isn’t the best route to market anyway.  There are some great local products, Dragon sausages for one. But if they don't meet the standards then they can only go through retailers whose standards aren't so high.  I am happy to buy sausages,  for example, that aren't prepacked from a local bucher.  I would not be so happy buying them through a large retailer when they are poorly packed as they will not have the same 'eye for detail' of their stock relying on the standards they require to quality assure. 

That is not calling it as I will, but recognising the possible reasons. 

It's nothing to do with their standards that's just a smokescreen, enjoy your horse meat!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, finlo said:

It's nothing to do with their standards that's just a smokescreen, enjoy your horse meat!

The horsemeat debate is somewhat old, is it not?  So, are you saying Tesco won't accept Manx produce because they want to peddle Dobbin? 

Can you explain why Shoprite sprinkled their near out of date meat with marinade and repackage it?  The only reason I can think of is to mask the meat.  Why would you take a fillet steak and coat it with, say, a garlic and herb coating other than to create a smokescreen in the quality you are offering?  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The horsemeat debate is somewhat old, is it not?  So, are you saying Tesco won't accept Manx produce because they want to peddle Dobbin? 

Can you explain why Shoprite sprinkled their near out of date meat with marinade and repackage it?  The only reason I can think of is to mask the meat.  Why would you take a fillet steak and coat it with, say, a garlic and herb coating other than to create a smokescreen in the quality you are offering?  

Well as long as it’s edible and not a hazard to your health why not? I like garlic and herb coatings, saves me having to do it myself although a touch of chilli wouldn’t come amiss
There’s  enough people moaning about good food being thrown away 

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

Well as long as it’s edible and not a hazard to your health why not? I like garlic and herb coatings, saves me having to do it myself although a touch of chilli wouldn’t come amiss
There’s  enough people moaning about good food being thrown away 

Absolutely agree.  However, I like to see what I am buying, particularly when it has been repackaged, coated and offered on a discount. 

• Like 2

I agree with Finlo to an extent. Tesco will do whatever suits them, they probably make more profit on cheap imported meat which is why they sell it. Standards are just corporate bollocks - as he says, if they don't even sell the correct species then their standards can't be particularly high.

What is high is their profits, and that's the reason they do anything, despite what they tell you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I agree with Finlo to an extent. Tesco will do whatever suits them, they probably make more profit on cheap imported meat which is why they sell it. Standards are just corporate bollocks - as he says, if they don't even sell the correct species then their standards can't be particularly high.

What is high is their profits, and that's the reason they do anything, despite what they tell you.

Jeepers and last at real voice of reason!