Daphne joins DFE

Fred the shred

I am surprised Edge has lasted as long as she has just one calamity after another and she obviously had no idea what was going on in her own department hence the QE 11 debacle, the flumes, and no idea what as and wasn’t on the plans for the new Castle Rushen building.    Her lack of knowledge of what was going on was outstanding, not in a good way.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Waldo Pepper said:

It’s just more total bullshit from the biggest bullshitter on here by a mile. Big friends with Alf 😂 He’s right in the inner sanctum (when he’s not raging about sausage baps from Strang Stores and other total bollocks). 

He never did answer that question.

I have zero respect for people who can’t admit they were wrong.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/edge-as-the-difficult-woman-im-not-surprised-at-dismissal-from-cannan-cabinet/

"Ms Edge adds" ‘The fact I was informed of the news this afternoon (Wed) 24 hours after I told the chief minister of my intention to speak publicly about my pre-determined position on whistleblowing, and the government’s management of the Dr Rosalind Ranson case, and the Richard Wright KC report debated in Tynwald this week, speaks volumes to me."

So she did not get fired because she was doing a bad job, she got fired because she would not slavishly agree with everything Cannan demanded.

8 MHKs out of a total of 23 MHKs are required to vote as the Chief Minister tells them to or they get fired. That is a big percentage when it comes to democracy.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/edge-as-the-difficult-woman-im-not-surprised-at-dismissal-from-cannan-cabinet/

"Ms Edge adds" ‘The fact I was informed of the news this afternoon (Wed) 24 hours after I told the chief minister of my intention to speak publicly about my pre-determined position on whistleblowing, and the government’s management of the Dr Rosalind Ranson case, and the Richard Wright KC report debated in Tynwald this week, speaks volumes to me."

So she did not get fired because she was doing a bad job, she got fired because she would not slavishly agree with everything Cannan demanded.

8 MHKs out of a total of 23 MHKs are required to vote as the Chief Minister tells them to or they get fired. That is a big percentage when it comes to democracy.

There’s nothing remotely democratic about this current setup. What Alf says goes ,any who is feeding him , and if you object or don’t agree , close the door on the way out..And the MLC situation is just a joke. Voting once again on block it would seem. 

• Like 1

She was doing a dreadful job which she has hung onto by the skin of her teeth for far too long.    Whether she was fired for this or not is debatable but she has probably lasted this long because Alf could not think of anyone he had spare to replace her.    He really has his work cut out with the material he has to work with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

Didn't we engage a chap called Lisvane at considerable expense to propose methods and recommendations to try and iron out shit like this once....?

26 minutes ago, Lightening McQueen said:

No the Daphne is in charge of DESC will all pupils be made to walk or cycle to school to tick the green box, thereby negating any fuss over the increase in bus fare?

first job for daffy    cancel the fare increase in the school bus fares and let the buggers walk or cycle to school  too many over fed    fat pampered kids out there 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Omobono said:

first job for daffy    cancel the fare increase in the school bus fares and let the buggers walk or cycle to school  too many over fed    fat pampered kids out there 

Not sure that will work quite in the way you imagine. 

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Not sure that will work quite in the way you imagine. 

When it is DOI that charge for the bus fares.

I never understood how she could moan about the 22 trees getting cut down at St Marks, while having 17 cut down around her own home.

• Like 1

Does anyone believe that CM Cannans regime will last until the next General Election or will CM Cannan even last till the end of current parliamentary year? Guernsey and Jersey have or going through leadership change, maybe it’s the IOMs turn? 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Didn't we engage a chap called Lisvane at considerable expense to propose methods and recommendations to try and iron out shit like this once....?

The power of Sacking anyone who disagrees lies with CM it’s nothing to do with money , as I said earlier Julie disagreed with some of the decisions so was sacked, hooper is hanging on as no one else will take job

• Haha 1