Daphne joins DFE

Fred the shred

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

Whilst that is true, it doesn't look like the mishandling of those issues were the cause or she should have been asked to step down when the swimming pool shite hit the fan (once being infortunate, twice being careless).  It looks like incompetence can be tolerated but not disagreement.

Yes, Comin members have got to toe the line, but differing views have to taken on board in reaching a consensus  of what that line should be, particularly on an issue as fundamental as the Ranson matter.  

The Drag Queen incident was while Sue Moore  was head and Dr Allison was Minister. So while it strangely came to light when they had a new head  and a new Minister . Did you hear either of these people say a word, I didn't.   It strange Manx Radio didn't point it out or even interview them , they did when she received her MBE. Could be hubby Howard works there and Allison just given them a  £250,000.00 increase in subvention, I wonder how long they have known.  Strange no money for anything else. Also the RSE was put into place by Allison again not a word.  

Edited by Holte End

37 minutes ago, Holte End said:

The Drag Queen incident was while Sue Moore  was head and Dr Allison was Minister. So while it strangely came to light when they had a new head  and a new Minister . Did you hear either of these people say a word, I didn't.   It strange Manx Radio didn't point it out or even interview them , they did when she received her MBE. Could be hubby Howard works there and Allison just given them a  £250,000.00 increase in subvention, I wonder how long they have known.  Strange no money for anything else. Also the RSE was put into place by Allison again not a word.  

Would it be appropriate for the ex-head and ex-minister to publicly comment?  Did they give evidence to the inquiry?

Whose hubby is Howard and how long has who known what? 

Listening to the debate today, certainly Beth Espey didn't seem too influenced by the increased subvention. 

Not quite sure what the conspiracy is. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Would it be appropriate for the ex-head and ex-minister to publicly comment?  Did they give evidence to the inquiry?

Whose hubby is Howard and how long has who known what? 

Listening to the debate today, certainly Beth Espey didn't seem too influenced by the increased subvention. 

Not quite what the conspiracy is. 

Yes of course it would. They were the head and minister, when the incident happen, I am not sure if they gave evidence, but doubt it.  Hubby,Well it isn't Alex Allisons.  You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Edited by Holte End

56 minutes ago, Holte End said:

The Drag Queen incident was while Sue Moore  was head and Dr Allison was Minister. 

The 'incident' took place in September 2022.  Dr Allinson (that's how you spell it) was only DESC Minister up to October 2021 after which he moved to Enterprise and then Treasury.  Sue Moore nominally retired as Head in August 2022, though as Charlotte Clarke was already on the Island, presumably they were able to overlap for a decent handover.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

The 'incident' took place in September 2022.  Dr Allinson (that's how you spell it) was only DESC Minister up to October 2021 after which he moved to Enterprise and then Treasury.  Sue Moore nominally retired as Head in August 2022, though as Charlotte Clarke was already on the Island, presumably they were able to overlap for a decent handover.

Are we talking about when the drag queen was in the school or when the youth worker was asked about gender. I will stick to Dr Doom then, after that budget.

51 minutes ago, Holte End said:

Yes of course it would. They were the head and minister, when the incident happen, I am not sure if they gave evidence, but doubt it.  Hubby,Well it isn't Alex Allisons.  You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

You have made an allegation, who is conflicted because their husband works at MR? 

2 minutes ago, Holte End said:

What I stated is that it was strange that neither were interviewed,

Why would they be interviewed when the thing hit the news, particularly the ex-head?  You also referred to the MR subvention and that someone's husband works at MR. I have no idea how you weave those two issues into a conspiracy. 

5 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Hansard production has now fallen so far to pieces that 24 days later this is there are only two questions from the session available.

If we’re serious about a smaller civil service having to wait a few weeks to read up on the answers to the questions of Benny from Crossroads may be the new normal

50 minutes ago, Thomas Dalby said:

If we’re serious about a smaller civil service having to wait a few weeks to read up on the answers to the questions of Benny from Crossroads may be the new normal

Except we've now got an enormous civil service with the latest technology and they can't even do what they were doing when there were fewer of them.  I do appreciate though that many of them feel that things would be far more efficient if only those impudent politicians and public stopped asking them awkward questions about what it was exactly they are doing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2