Daphne joins DFE

Fred the shred

8 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I don't see why you're puzzled.  Caine certainly didn't write all that tired guff in the press release, she'd have been lucky to be allowed to read it before it was sent out.  The role of politicians is to repeat whatever and agree with whatever nonsense they're fed.  Targets are chosen by the civil service because they sound good and then promptly forgotten about.  And there is never any worked-out plan of how to get to them or indeed to examine the current situation to see what is being offered and how to improve and expand it to cope.

And of course any politician who fails to play along with this will be sacked.

I was referring to the initial waffle she came out with and reported by Manx Radio. The press release would not be her words for sure. It’s some rubbish written by somebody in the Department and signed off by the Minister. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, english zloty said:

Yes visitor numbers are down, there is less to do and there will be less cruise ships.

We'll soon be advertising for a deputy to help her with her workload then.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, joebean said:

I was referring to the initial waffle she came out with and reported by Manx Radio. The press release would not be her words for sure. It’s some rubbish written by somebody in the Department and signed off by the Minister. 

Oh fair enough, but what I said about politicians being obliged to parrot the departmental bullshit still applies.  Caine will understand because she used to write it.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, joebean said:

But she's an ex "journalist". So anything is possible. :D

Edited by Andy Onchan
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Oh fair enough, but what I said about politicians being obliged to parrot the departmental bullshit still applies. 

Don't forget the "implicitly believe" too...

On 2/12/2024 at 8:45 PM, littlebushy said:

Keep an eye out on Have I Got News For You....it will be in one of the guest publications!

Screenshot_20240213-195909_Facebook.jpg

Just been listening to Stu Peters and Daphne's exchange in Keys. SP asked if it was reasonable that the environmental  measures proposed/being implemented were going to cost millions in taxation for the people of the Island for very little global effect?

Daft Daphne has replied in essence that the Island has to play its part. 

As with any utterance from a politician what she didn't say is as important as what she did say.

She didn't deny that it's going to cost millions. Therefore her ideals will be pushed forward regardless of cost.

The sooner Garff voters vote this lady out the better.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

The sooner Garff voters vote this lady out the better.

I wish ... if only there was an alternative.

Last time Oswald got in to replace The Invisible Man.

The chances of 2 good candidates coming forward so Daffers can be voted out are realistically nil.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Daft Daphne has replied in essence that the Island has to play its part. 

No doubt she will be clamouring shortly to ban the TT and the huge number of attendant vehicles making their way to the island and burning fuel here !

Of course not, because that would cost her her cosy gravy train position !

However to screw the islands taxpayers, to feel good on some bullshit scheme which will achieve the square root of eff all in respect of climate change, is an utter nonsense. I'm sure there are very constructive ways we can play a part in the cutting of our wastes and re cycling etc, but cutting our own throats to boast about the feel good factor is ludicrous.

I would be more positive if this meant we could shut the power station and energy would be cheaper for the consumer, but neither of those things can happen and we are still paying for the bloody shambles of the MEA.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1