RATES

Fred the shred

The Commissioners tried re cycling via roadside collection and it was not successful for a number of reasons.    The recycling collection points are always busy.   The cost of roadside collection would outweigh any advantage found in lessening disposal of waste in bins.   

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

!!!!!!!!!

Can’t build housing there. We’ve been over that. Could turn it into a park which costs upkeep. So, unless we stick the monorail loop and felt museum there, what else could it be used for? 

1 minute ago, Amadeus said:

Can’t build housing there. We’ve been over that. Could turn it into a park which costs upkeep. So, unless we stick the monorail loop and felt museum there, what else could it be used for? 

Why can't you build housing there? I must have missed it.

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Why can't you build housing there? I must have missed it.

Part if it is an old tip/landfill which causes issues. Not sure about the whole site though.

The best option would be to plant some native trees and turn it over to nature. Might help the drainage situation with the Dhoo/Glass rivers. 

Edited by Hairy Poppins

Onchan rates are 10.19 % not 10.01 %.  I am going to cancel my monthly DD and when I have it they will get it, this constant drain on fixed incomes is beyond a joke.   Electricity is going up again in April plus I expect the standing charges.    Concerning Douglas I expect there will be a few more empty shops and restaurants not to mention hotels and I bet the arrears will be eye watering .    Businesses are already struggling to pay ITIP there is one million pounds owing to Government at the moment.   Talk about fiddling while Rome burns.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

Onchan rates are 10.19 % not 10.01 %.  I am going to cancel my monthly DD and when I have it they will get it, this constant drain on fixed incomes is beyond a joke.   Electricity is going up again in April plus I expect the standing charges.    Concerning Douglas I expect there will be a few more empty shops and restaurants not to mention hotels and I bet the arrears will be eye watering .    Businesses are already struggling to pay ITIP there is one million pounds owing to Government at the moment.   Talk about fiddling while Rome burns.

I would start the savings by axing the 'Douglas Development Partnership' and the role of Town Centre Manager.  

Edited by Hairy Poppins
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

Now I'm awaiting an announcement from Ramsey's Imperial Palace.....

Wake up at the back please.

Ramsey Town Commissioners have set the rate for the 2024-25 financial year at 495p. This is a 6% rise over the year 2023-24. The new rate will represent an increase of approximately 70p per week for a typical three-bedroom property within the town.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Gotten Himmel.... is that still a "thing", does it and the position still exist??

And moreover what does the incumbent actually do? Monitor empty properties?